World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all wet to long arm from5.30am,till1pm ended up with 10 plus conger,dropped one about 15 two feet away from me,spat the bait out.plus small stuff which kept me sane between the conger runs.....corkwing wrasse,pout,poor cod,tadpole fish,pollack,gobies,shannies.quieter than usuall.no mackerel yet,should be a few around soon.who s bin out??

·
Registered
24 Posts
hello sir!!

i went to aberthaw - no smoothies, just a solitary wrasse for me

perhaps ill have to do blue pool for them sometime instead

catch u soon!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi Brand,
Looked like you had a very sucessful day down the Long arm today, me and my butty only managed 4 doggies between us, the guy next to us caught a small mackerel whilst spinning.
I mentioned in another post that i saw your van down there this morning, i noticed the logos on your van that you are a casting instructor as well as a fishing coach, maybe one day we could meet up and you you could impart some of your obvious knowledge.
I am correct in saying that you appeared in a feature about the long arm in TSF magazine some months back?
Best regards
Denzle

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Sounds like a good varied day Brand

Lots of different species

I got a permit for down there* (I think) for this year but aint been yet.

*Not really sure if my permit is for the long or short arm.

It cost about 28 quid if I remember right :confused:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Barrelreef,
I think you've got the licence for the short arm, as the permit for the long arm is over £40.
Talking to a chap down the long arm yesterday and he reckons the short arm is fishing well, with much Bass in evidence.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Cheers mate ,

Can't remember how much I paid exactly but nowwhere near forty quid so the short arm it is then.

Would it be worth trying down there with plugs/spinners or a float?

·
Registered
186 Posts
hi, brand did you fish out on the end, fishing the inside? been meaning to try it for ages last time i fished there almost caught a sunfish as it drifted past must have been over 50lbs.

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guiseppe said:
hello sir!!

i went to aberthaw - no smoothies, just a solitary wrasse for me

perhaps ill have to do blue pool for them sometime instead

catch u soon!!!
hi shame about smoothies.my mates had some last 2 wks and as far as i know its gone quiet .prob moved up west a bit.I am threatening to go to blu pool.i havnt been there before .my friend has smoothies in the summer there.do you park at llangatog?,up a bit from llangenith (horray for the golden greys soon) cheers sir

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Denzle said:
Hi Brand,
Looked like you had a very sucessful day down the Long arm today, me and my butty only managed 4 doggies between us, the guy next to us caught a small mackerel whilst spinning.
I mentioned in another post that i saw your van down there this morning, i noticed the logos on your van that you are a casting instructor as well as a fishing coach, maybe one day we could meet up and you you could impart some of your obvious knowledge.
I am correct in saying that you appeared in a feature about the long arm in TSF magazine some months back?
Best regards
Denzle

hi pal Not a bad day .its surprizing what you can catch,since discovering the arm 4 yrs ago its a job for me to go anywhere else .im adicted to conger. thanks for noticing the coaching bit on my van,yes i coach and i do basic overhead and off the ground at the moment,i have to get more experianced at pendulum.if i can help with either,no prob just leave a message.yes i did an article with dave barnham last sept. not bad day had 5 conger out to 13lb plus gars,mack.there are some awesome ells down there.im there most sun mornings,crack of dawn till bout1pm.have to miss this we cos my grand children are down. see you there some time always on the end cheers

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
poacher said:
nice one brand, you had a tidy day then m8? good on you?

hi poach,nice day.its so nice to be out,the peace,porpoises fish,the mink who nick the bait,7 species i think and i get lots of enjoyment catching mini s as conger.cant go next sun wk after tho cheers

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Barrelreef said:
Sounds like a good varied day Brand

Lots of different species

I got a permit for down there* (I think) for this year but aint been yet.

*Not really sure if my permit is for the long or short arm.

It cost about 28 quid if I remember right :confused:
sound like short arm £ 40 for long arm cheers

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Barrelreef said:
Cheers mate ,

Can't remember how much I paid exactly but nowwhere near forty quid so the short arm it is then.

Would it be worth trying down there with plugs/spinners or a float?

yes try plugs,poppers, live mack on float brand

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Denzle said:
Hi Brand,
Best regards
Denzle

hi pal Not a bad day .its surprizing what you can catch,since discovering the arm 4 yrs ago its a job for me to go anywhere else .im adicted to conger. thanks for noticing the coaching bit on my van,yes i coach and i do basic overhead and off the ground at the moment,i have to get more experianced at pendulum.if i can help with either,no prob just leave a message.yes i did an article with dave barnham last sept. not bad day had 5 conger out to 13lb plus gars,mack.there are some awesome ells down there.im there most sun mornings,crack of dawn till bout1pm.have to miss this we cos my grand children are down. see you there some time always on the end cheers

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
guiseppe said:
i know a mate who wants to get down blue pool soon also brand!!!!

catch u thursday!!!!!!!

ok blu, hope the weather is better !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts