World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just joined the long arm need some info the best side to fish it and how far up the breakwater do people genrally fish ?

P

·
0 Posts
how does one join the long arm
just somewhere different to fish when i come down and visit my mam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
contact corus sports and social, it will cost £40 but from whats been said about the fishing its well worth it .

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think you'd better wait for Brand to make an appearance on here as he's the man in the know when it comes to the Long arm(just read recent posts). I myself have always found the "sea" side (down the rocks) to be more productive than the Bay side (where the ships dock). However the bay side does get very manic when the mackerel make an appearance. You can fish the whole length of the arm which is approx a mile and a quarter long,i've seen and actually caught some very respectable fish down the long arm and i would say that i spent 90% of my fishing time down there.
Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
686 Posts
livick5gwr said:
just joined the long arm need some info the best side to fish it and how far up the breakwater do people genrally fish ?
the best side is the seaward side,you can fish right up to the end but you are covered to fish i think only 300 yds from the barrier.i tend to fish from the barrier up about 100 yds .i have caught bass to around 6 lb,conger to 19 1/2 lb you also catch mackerel,garfish,odd pollack,thornback and small eyed rays,turbot,sole,smoothies and others.you can fish the inside bay for mackies,mullet and sometimes bass.they say a conger of around 60 odd lb come off here in the past but i have never seen one over the 30 lb mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts