World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met up with sunfish and meatsack for a rough grounding session lastnight:)cc_surren) We were fishing a mark i had been told to try by the local commercial boys for huss and conger:thumbs: We fished running ledgers,special Aj pulley rigs and paternosters.Baits used were macky,squid,cuttle,sprats and sandeel. It was a dodgy ankle snapping mark and not the sort of thing i enjoy fishing(i like wood/fibreglass or nice sand beneath my feet).Plenty of action all night with conger and huss for meatsack and poor Aj lost a huss that got hung up on a rock just out of reach and too dangerous a swell to risk wet feet!!!! I saved a blank(had a few bites) with a velvet crab!!!:clap: We did lose a few more fish on snags:thumbdown I got in at just gone 6am,when i got up at 9.00am my father said Q "Why bgger about on a rock all night to catch fish we dont eat????" A= "Good company and a bit of sport!!!!:thumbs:":thumbs::thumbs::fishing1:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Tommo rough grounding on the tar barrel & losing gear.Fairplay m8.lol:bleh:.Nice one phil,sounds like you have a great result m8.:clap::clap::clap::thumbs:.

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
nice one tommo...
thats has to be the most user-unfriendly mark iv fished for a while...
but who cares if there are fish about a...
cheers gents......

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Great pictures lads.:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice one tommo...
thats has to be the most user-unfriendly mark iv fished for a while...
but who cares if there are fish about a...
cheers gents......

What did the catch weigh phil??? i was going to say but i cant remember.

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice pics but you wouldn't see me fishing wet slippery rocks when wearing whelly boots :)
Aj knows what he is doing,i understand what you mean but wellys have some good soles on them these days!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Top time guys and well done phil on catching and nice pics m8:1a:,that huss that got snagged on the surface i should of nipped out and got but there's a saying 'he who hesitates is lost' it won't happen again eh.:nono:
The tread on my wellies are almost worn down but still don't slip and since i took a couple of falls in my rock boots i'm more confident in my wellies and thats the key.Aj.
:fishing1::thumbs:
Thanks Barry,i'm not afraid of conger,some peeps only handle them when dead,or any fish.:boxing:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice report there Tommo, good to see you braving the rough ground.:yeah:
Great pics as always Phil, and well done on prising out a few fish. :victory:Sounds like the mark will have to be visited more than once.:crazy:

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice report there Tommo, good to see you braving the rough ground.:yeah:
Great pics as always Phil, and well done on prising out a few fish. :victory:Sounds like the mark will have to be visited more than once.:crazy:
It was nice to see you again jules,i was surprised you didnt winkle out one of them silver spikey pests on the plug!!!!!:fishing1:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
most wellies are brilliantly non slip as they are designed to be used in milking parlors which is about the slipperiest environment out , cow **** ,water and washable surfaces. they don't have the best ankle support but wot would be the chances of being able to kick off your rock boots if you went in . none .
good fishing.
i think i have caught blankituss

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Well done you lot and nice report Tommo :thumbs:

Good point about the welly thing Mark it depends on the venue as to what I wear!! But 9 times out of 10 its the good old wellys.

Reckon Aje was The Rock hooper a long time before someone else lol

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I tkink most of the time it is Wd,:eek:hmy: but i promised him the weights to lose so took the sting out of the sesh for him:yahoo:,bless him.Aj.:bleh::thumbs:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I tkink most of the time it is Wd,:eek:hmy: but i promised him the weights to lose so took the sting out of the sesh for him:yahoo:,bless him.Aj.:bleh::thumbs:
Did he get though the weights.lol:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And it was appreciated Aj:thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts