World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to put some hours in to a session without the worry of getting up for work :clap2:
usual tactics this time of year for me , livebaiting the dreaded yting
early doors had a halfhearted pull down didn't get the chance to connect quick tug and then nothing
wasn't till after the high that i got another take but this one didn't mess about walloped the rod over untill
i got hold and pulled back into some weight !
good fight that took me up the beach and made me work to finally beach a nice bass of 8.1 lbs :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
decided to put some hours in to a session without the worry of getting up for work :clap2:
early doors had a halfhearted pull down didn't get the chance to connect quick tug and then nothing
wasn't till after the high that i got another take but this one didn't mess about walloped the rod over untill
good fight that took me up the beach and made me work to finally beach a nice bass of 8.1 lbs :thumbs:
Good work again Dave, 8lb is a bit small for you though :laugh: (we have come to expect bigger).

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another superb Bass - out of interst whats your hook weapon of choice and snood breaking strain?
hi poorcod thanks for reply !
i was using kamasan uptide hooks but although they haven't totally let me down on bass i found one that had started to straighten
(after landing one good bass) very sharp though
i did however have one straighten out a couple of years back when a (suspected) big stingray took my side of mackeral
and i had to really bully it to get it moving , eventually got it near shore for it to have a last (successfull) attempt
to escape
so to avoid this happening again my choice of hook is mustad sea monster ( 6/0 usually) sharp and strong
and doesn't seem to rot as quickly
oh and 50 lb snoods doesn't seem to put them off :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Superb fish mate.
Following on from Poor Cod's question, do you use a running ledger rig or a paternoister?

Thanks in advance
Tony

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Superb fish mate.
Following on from Poor Cod's question, do you use a running ledger rig or a paternoister?

Thanks in advance
Tony
cheers tony
i use (mainly) an up and over rig , the lead link is free running between the snood swivel and the shock leader clip
you can reverse this into a long pulley rig by clipping the lead onto the leader clip and the leader onto the lead clip
this can sometimes keep the livebait from getting a mouth full of gravel and dying in an undertow !
hope this makes sense
dave

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
more of an addiction than habit :yeah:
i hope the post does inspire people to have a go because if you put some effort in you will be rewarded :thumbs:
Very inspiring indeed. Just shows what's possible if you have the dedication and skill that you clearly do. Really jawdropping what you have achieved and shared with us all these last couple of seasons.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi dave,

Not that we have met, but I think I may have seen you, or the glimmer of your light from about half a mile away. I got a parking ticket there a few weeks back. I left my swim at around three am and your light Was still glimmering away, as it was around 6 hours earlier.

Was it you, all alone on that wide stretch of beach?

Well done, another lovely fish mate.

Graham (rld)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi dave,

Not that we have met, but I think I may have seen you, or the glimmer of your light from about half a mile away. I got a parking ticket there a few weeks back. I left my swim at around three am and your light Was still glimmering away, as it was around 6 hours earlier.

Was it you, all alone on that wide stretch of beach?

Well done, another lovely fish mate.

Graham (rld)
hi graham
thanks for reply
we did meet briefly at shakeys shoreham open at widewater i parked next 2 you in the old landrover
it does sound like it was me , were you to the west ?
i did see a light when i arrived but had my back to you whilst fishing
if at some point before 1 am there was 2 lights it was me as i had company join me for a few hours
how did you get on ?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Dave,

Sorry I forgot you so soon, i remember the face and dave but didn't put basshunter with it. I need to add you to my fishing hero list.

I was on the arm and saw a light in the distance westwards. Scottish Lee & big Steve were on patrol and telling me about the biggy you had the other day, (as a few others have over the last week ) and pointed to where you were when you had it, we assumed it was you trying again.

When they left I had the arm to myself from 10.00 til 3.00 , I had whiting after whiting and even whiting on a whiting, size 6/0s , they were taking lug, blacks, squid, whites, crab in any order on any rig.

All the best.

Graham (RLD)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
had another go tonight/this morning , had a bass to a long casted livebait rig :thumbs:
weighed in at 5.6 lbs , didn't disturb the rod at all ! the line dropped to the floor slack:g:
i wound like a man possesed (think i am) and didn't catch up with it till it was about 20 ft
off the beach , bit of tension and surfed it straight onto the beach

wasted over an hour when i found a sole had taken hold of my livebait rig

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Nice fish mate:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
had another go tonight/this morning , had a bass to a long casted livebait rig :thumbs:
weighed in at 5.6 lbs , didn't disturb the rod at all ! the line dropped to the floor slack:g:
i wound like a man possesed (think i am) and didn't catch up with it till it was about 20 ft
off the beach , bit of tension and surfed it straight onto the beach

wasted over an hour when i found a sole had taken hold of my livebait rig
And another nice fish!!! Even the sole looks a nice size!! :thumbs::thumbs:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts