World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Could anyone give me any ideas as to the best time to fish this mark? I've fished there a couple of times but it wouldn't go a miss to get some knowledge from you lot out there.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You can catch bass there now but dont expect the mother load you will get the odd fish, give it a couple of weeks and they will be in full flow.I find fishing it 2 before and 2 after low water best and pick a time through the week if you can as the weekend can get very busy.Live fish is best for the bigger bass and rag comes a close second if your after catching more fish .But by far the best method there is try spinning a white red gill lure with about 2 feet of line to a bullet weight .i had 20 plus fish there in under 2 hours there last year .and please take only what you need as i watched three guys there take away about 40 fish which realy is pathetic . The same guys were moaning that the fishing used to be alot better.Some people realy dont get it anyway hope this helps :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Marcus

I did catch one there on my first trip but that was beginners luck I think. It was about 2lb but went back. I would, if I was lucky enough take one or two but no more than that – conservation is the key.

There is talk that the power station might be closed in the future as it will cost millions to upgrade it to keep it in working order – I wonder if this would have any effect on the bass / fishing. It would be great if the powers that be could landscape the area around the mouth of the powerstation outflow and allow access. This would encourage more anglers and should (if done probably) attract more bass and indeed other species.

Will keep you posted. ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yeah i think it would affect the fishing you just have to look at leven power station when it shut down it killed the mullet fishing .

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went down to Longannet on Friday morning 07.30 just after lo tide. fished for about two hours and had six bass. Five went back with the largest for the pot.
They were jumping all over the place and seemed to be plenty about, particularly further out of the outflow where the terns were swooping down on what I would imagine to be sandeels!

Won't let me upload the image of my baked bass! Sigh.

·
Registered
52 Posts
nice one blenny. what type of lures were you using? i've just ordered a new spinning rod,when it arrives i'll head up and give it a bash. p.s. well done with the bass dunny!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baz

I was using a small silver spinner with a treble on it. I'm new to this game so couldn't even tell you what it's called but the chap at Guns and Tackle in Shawlands, Glasgow sold me a rod, reel and some gear. Worked a treat although i've heard that the plastic sandeels are good. Have tried bait there to but with no effect. Also tried powerbait pilchards but again no joy.

If a beginner can do it, anyone can. Good luck and remember to put them back (unless you're gonna eat them).

PS I just have one rod (can't afford any more). My beachcaster has therefore seen some great 'rodbending' action.

Happydays :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts