World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when out on my m8's boat last night for a couple of hours and caught about 20 mackies (for the freezer) also had about 10 small codling all under 1lb with one just under 4lbs which was kept for the table

sunset over wick on the way back in

when out to longberry this afternoon bait was fresh mackie(from last night) and got 2 new speices for the list this good looking wrasse 1lb'ish

and a SSSS must have been at least 1lb

best fish of the day was this 4.5lb ling

along with the same old coalies and small pollock on the spinner
turned out to be a nobad wee sesh
going back out tomorrow after the F1 GP

·
Registered
245 Posts
I fish longberry but have never seen an SSSS. Does it have another name? Also it looks a bit spikey. Do you have to be careful handling them?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
well done, some good fish there.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fish longberry but have never seen an SSSS. Does it have another name? Also it looks a bit spikey. Do you have to be careful handling them?
there are other local names for them, dont know what they call them up here, they do have spines,as for handling,i used a home made Gemini Disgorger type thing and flicked it back into the water with the handle.

·
Registered
865 Posts
cracking fish there jerry gorgeous cuckoo wrasse there havent seen one them caught there before.

how the leads?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.