World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so much for the secret mark,,it was rubbish tonight..

Fished ogmore beach..

me and big dee..

I had 3 dogs and a whiting,,Dee had 1 dog 1whiting 1 pout....

A HUUUGE variety of baits used...nothing spectacular to show for it though,,

Still it was nice to sit there,,and watch the lightning that forked across the horizon all night..

·
Registered
57 Posts
i was on the beach aswell tonight mate.

all i had was doggies and whiting aswell though.
i packed up and went home when the lightning started. didnt like my chances of being the only one in the bay holding a 13 ft carbon rod with lightning all around lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
The end of a blanking drought..

Well. me and a mate fished bendricks at low water and not a sausage, not even the slightest rattle. We moved to cold knap to fish the tide in. what a great evening, 16 Doggies between us all good size, and at the death my mate landed a good size thornback ray and a doggie on the same trace.

Them thornies be ..Well I'll leave it up to your personal opinion..

Attachments

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Ja5on, I suppose "scary" is one way of describing a ray (of any make)! I have several other words to describe them!
However Mike Jr closed the last "ray debate" after about 45 pages of conflicting opinions, & a load p**s taking by all concerned, then to cap it all, apparently they had a tank full of them at the Angling Exhibition at the NEC, which almost started the entire debate again!
I will admit that the photography was excellent! the subject left a lot to be desired!!!!!!
blueskip

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi "I hate whiting".

The ray was caught on squid, Casting range was about 80 yrds. As you get to the beach from the road, if you turn left and walk as far as the first bench, then walk straight out in front from there. That's where the ray was taken. I dont think the location was all that important though as rays tend to be in loose packs and well spread out.

Best of luck mate.

Jason.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Whiting, if you want to catch a ray my son, come to Swansea, & I will take you out on the "Blue Skip", to marks where as fast as you can drop a lump of mackerel down to the bottom on one rod, you will have a ray on the second rod!
Different marks, different "makes", one spot all small eyed, another all thornies, another (too far out for Blue Skip to go) all blondes or spotted.
Just once in a while I wish they would turn out to be the turbot the mackerel fillet was intended for, they are even taking live sand eel on the drift!
Woe, woe, & thrice woe!
blueskip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts