World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I am new to the Forum and looking to buy a 15-18' boat, predominantly for family leisure use (up to 5 adults) rather than fishing (occasional use). The boat will be used on non-tidal rivers (i.e. at low speed), tidal rivers (including crossing the Humber from the Ouse to the Trent), estuary and coastal (looking for 20 knots plus) and lakes (such as Lock Lomond).

I have in mind a Warrior 165, a Predator 165, Seahog Sea Trooper or possibly Sea Prince. Given the wide range of uses, I guess I shall be after a 40 - 60 hp 4 stroke. I had considered an Orkney 16', but I guess it has to be a planing rather than displacement hull, so I have discounted these excellent boats. Ideally I'm after a very good condition used boat.

All suggestions welcome. Comments about boat comparisons/performance or suggestions for other makes all welcome too. Thank you.
Richard

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the welcome and the comment re. size of boat. The boat would only rarely accommodate five adults and then on inland non-tidal waters, although I appreciate the warning. Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts