World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I got back into fishing about a 6 weeks ago after 15 years away.iv been fishing the north coast of cornwall with no luck at all.
Iv tried every type of rig and every type of bait at all states of the tide and nothing !.
So Im looking for some where on the south coast to have a go,preferably near St Austell or Fowey.
Idealy some where quiet and easy to get to with half a chance of a fish.We are thinking of going out today either 2 hours either side of high tide or night fishing.
My misses has taken up fishing with me and hasnt caught a thing in 5 trips and I would realy like to see her catch,even if its just mackeral.

Any advice would be much apreciated
Si

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi mate
if your any where near it try porthoustock beach.nice quiet location and easy access.there are some rock marks other side of the concrete building.try spinning in the surf close in.
cheers stokie

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi mate
if your any where near it try porthoustock beach.nice quiet location and easy access.there are some rock marks other side of the concrete building.try spinning in the surf close in.
cheers stokie
Thanks for the info stokie but thats a little too far for me.
I went to the tackle shop in St Austell today and the lady there was very helpful.One of her customers was also very helpful.
We went to spit beach but the weather closed in so we went home empty handed.

Si

·
Registered
25,144 Posts
Thanks for the info stokie but thats a little too far for me.
I went to the tackle shop in St Austell today and the lady there was very helpful.One of her customers was also very helpful.
We went to spit beach but the weather closed in so we went home empty handed.

Si
I would say that the bass fishing in st austell bay will be pretty good over the next few days after we had a bit of a stir up today:thumbs::fishing1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts