World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice
So im new to the Burry port area, and not yet had the chance to get the lines wet in the area!
I see a lot of people on here saying black rock?
Was hoping one of you kind anglers could help me by telling me how to get to the mark?
Was hoping to hit it today or tomorrow
Thanks in advance and tight lines

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi
Looking for advice
So im new to the Burry port area, and not yet had the chance to get the lines wet in the area!
Was hoping one of you kind anglers could help me by telling me how to get to the mark?
Hi fella I live in burry port black rock is up by the dredger it's not fishing brilliant atm but if you walk to the old harbour in burry port and fish the North channel you have a great chance of catching a few plenty there atm when you come to the old harbour you have to.walk over the stream to the main channel buy be warned pal you have a limited window there because when the tide floods again it comes up the stream fast I work off the barrel posts by the light house when water hits that I normally come back but you will be ok on the smaller tides

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Hi fella I live in burry port black rock is up by the dredger it's not fishing brilliant atm but if you walk to the old harbour in burry port and fish the North channel you have a great chance of catching a few plenty there atm when you come to the old harbour you have to.walk over the stream to the main channel buy be warned pal you have a limited window there because when the tide floods again it comes up the stream fast I work off the barrel posts by the light house when water hits that I normally come back but you will be ok on the smaller tides
thanks Nathan for your advice, just wanted to hive it a go see if the hounds or bass are about, yeah i have been told about the quick flood, might just fish off the harbour even

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Looking for advice
From the point heading eastward towards the dredger is a good spot to try with lures and last year there were plenty of small mackerel . The whole area is very dependent on the tides ans it's always been my opinion it fishes better over low water on small tides. Best bait during the summer months is without doubt peeler crab .
As for getting there , the best way to describe it is just walk east along the coast path and you can't miss it.

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
As for fishing North Channel marks , don't go on your own . @crabbiepatties is the guy to contact . He is a very nice bloke and a great angler who will hopefully show you the safest way to cross . The stream is very deceptive with areas of very soft sand and some deep holes. Definitely worth the trip over there plenty of hounds at the moment .

·
Registered
88 Posts
As for fishing North Channel marks , don't go on your own . @crabbiepatties is the guy to contact . He is a very nice bloke and a great angler who will hopefully show you the safest way to cross . The stream is very deceptive with areas of very soft sand and some deep holes. Definitely worth the trip over there plenty of hounds at the moment .
Not many hounds there atm like there was if you walk up the old harbour and cross by the rocks the sand don't gather there always same bottom.i cross nearly everyday

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your help! I hit black pint yesterday at low water, fished it up the flood and 2 hours after high! From the first cast i was pulling in fish! 2 smooth hounds, and dogs! (Dogfish around here fight like no other!)
One it got dark i also pulled in 3 eel’s and even they gave a fight of their lives!!
All was caught on skid/ skid/bluey bait!
I also dropped 8 fish on the water edge and 3 of them was good size hounds! Others were dogfish!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Thank you all for your help! I hit black pint yesterday at low water, fished it up the flood and 2 hours after high! From the first cast i was pulling in fish! 2 smooth hounds, and dogs! (Dogfish around here fight like no other!)
One it got dark i also pulled in 3 eel’s and even they gave a fight of their lives!!
All was caught on skid/ skid/bluey bait!
I also dropped 8 fish on the water edge and 3 of them was good size hounds! Others were dogfish!
Well done mate. Glad to help some one catch. Might even get down there myself . Love to eat a nice bit of fresh dog fish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts