World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all can i ask some advise looking for new b/castor local shop no good :yucky: being in worcester lol.not been fishing long but been trying multiplier reel abu 6500 seems ok but now like a b/castor to go with it looking for advise on size 12ft or bigger...got fixed spool rod so need m/plyer rod any advise on type/length...would be a great help cost wise would there be anything for £50 or am i joking myself ...thanks paul

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Tackle under £50

Have a look at that link gromo, you should find something in there. You caould also have a look at the user reviews.

In my opinion you won't go far wrong with a Shakespear Salt rod or one of the Daiwas.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
also don't rule out second hand - lots of people start beach fishin and give up without even breaking-in their rod - a good 2nd hand middy is better than a new cheapy. try fleabay - and a little patience will get a lot better tha rushin in

good luck whichever way you go!

edit: regardin length will depend on your skill, size and type of fishin etc - if an adult and without physical problems you should be able to cope with anything for 50 squid - pier only? go shorter, post a few more details -it'll help

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Pick up a Century or a Zziplex, you will instantly want one. Next raid the kids money boxes and trust funds and then pawn all your missus jewellery in to buy one!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all been looking at some today so many fab rods Century or a Zziplex,few on flebay so be keeping eye on them.. thanks again all:clap3: let ya no..:g:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That was only a joke. They are good rods, but for half the price i can bet there will be a rod that will perform nearly aswell. Look at the Daiwa Supercsats, the Penn Surfblasters and the Greys GRX-s and you wont go to far wrong.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi gormo ive recently started fishing again and i have just learn't to use a multiplyer. i have a diawa sandstorm and a greys greyflex teamed up with abu 6500's. these rods are great but as i am looking to buy a more powerful rod for pendalum casting i am selling the greys greyflex for 60 pound or nearest offer if you are interested then please feel more than welcome to pm me.
thanks fishermans friend06.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts