World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to go fishing on deal pier tomorrow , starting around mid_day . I would like to use some fresh herring if there is any to be had. Will be getting bluey and sandeel from local deal tackle shops. I would be very grateful for any help.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hi wish 2 catch

No fresh herrings available now spoke to the netter Saturday and the herrings have moved off mate but rays have been coming up down the bay mate and also mackerel Landing them too

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
That's funny, as I drove into deal yesterday, there was a stall out on beach front advertising fresh herring for sale ????

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Wazza_09 thank you for help , do you think the bay or pier would be the best bet over the low tide tomorrow. Many thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi we went Saturday we did have herring and sprats ,all herring sold first ,I took herring and sprat for my anglers lots of skate on herring and on sprat, going herring again tomorrow morning back ashore about 10,30 on sale about 11 00 ,

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Gary Ann for the update. I hope you have a successful time afloat. Will come and see if you have any herring before I start fishing.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Sorry to hear that Wazza-09, perhaps he should of wiped it off his blackboard.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Doesn't matter I bought a good few and froze them but checked just in case they wanted fresh but hey ho the bluey an mackerel starting to work now

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The ones that were around the pier seemed to have moved to the bay so like cod father says your best bet would be down there wind should also be behind you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts