World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any recommend somewhere local ish to cardiff for tonights high tide .. tried the foreshore once with not much joy so was looking for another ... barrage maybe ??

·
TEAM FORESHORE
3,960 Posts
hi mate from what i've been told bout the barrage is that it fishes better on the smaller tides from low up float close in to the wall with head hooked king rag,but with the bigger tides try the knap 3 up and 3 down should be ok and chance of some rays to been a bit quiet lately but you never know lol hope this helps.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thanks ... just decided to go the knap as i havent been there for a few weeks

out of interest what baits are they using down there , i used mackerel and squid on my last visit and drew a blank but did catch a 7lb bass the time before on mackerel

im new to fishing so i am learning as i go along

thanks

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts
fish and squid seems to work... or sandeel wrapped in squid on a pennel.

good luck!

al.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fished the knap afterwards .... was about 12 people there and i was the only person to catch i believe - a small 1lb bass - better than drawing a blank i suppose .....

NOW WHERE TO GO TONIGHT !!!

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
fished the knap afterwards .... was about 12 people there and i was the only person to catch i believe - a small 1lb bass - better than drawing a blank i suppose .....

NOW WHERE TO GO TONIGHT !!!
Porthcawl pier m8, think theres a few off the site headed down there :thumbs:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not really a fan of the pier ... Cant handle the smell ... Everytime i been down there i been fishing on the small area next to the harbour

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Not really a fan of the pier ... Cant handle the smell ... Everytime i been down there i been fishing on the small area next to the harbour
I knows it can be unpleasant....but the fishing can be very good...rough with the smooth n all that

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What baits do you use at the pier ? I been using sand eel, squid, andd mackeral ..anything else i could be using ?

·
Registered
601 Posts
What baits do you use at the pier ? I been using sand eel, squid, andd mackeral ..anything else i could be using ?
Rag worth ago works for me when i put it in right place. otherwise your about sorted

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
That will cover it :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts