World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all have just booked a cottage in looe for a week in june nearly next door to tackle shop. close to pubs and 100yds from beach what more could a man ask for <maybe some decent weather and some FISH for a change> can anyone advise me best area to fish andwhat fish are usually around at that time of year hopethat floods havent caused too much damage down there ROLL ON JUNE

·
Registered
889 Posts
Not a resident, but have fished there a bit. You've got your usual summer rock mark suspects: bass, wrasse, pollack, conger, huss etc. from the rocky outcrops round there. Not going to give out marks because I'm not local and don't want to piddle in someone else's garden, but it's not hard to find a good spot if you walk towards Polperro and have good mobility / strong footwear. In the harbour itself the marks are Banjo pier (might actually be out of bounds to anglers in summer now, can't remember!) and the rock opposite with white paint on it. You're fishing onto sand there. Not sure what you get in summer as I've usually fished rock marks. In winter its doggies and whiting.

Good luck and hopefully someone who knows more will answer you soon...

T

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for reply timmer thats some species hunt you had last year.<< good luck for this year. hope you didnt suffer badly with the floods down there

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello mate. There are plenty of places in or around looe to fish and your only 20 mins drive from deep river marks or open coast marks and plenty of beaches depending on what sort of fishing you wanna do. Im a local lad so If u fancy it then nearer the time send me a private message and we can meet up for a quick session one evening there is normally three of us who go so there will be plenty of room or if we can't get out I can point you too the local marks ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts