World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, the title pretty much says it all, I'm looking forward to catching the cod but don't want to freeze like i did last year!
i'm about 6 foot 1 and a bit inches tall with a size 50 waist :oops:
have had a look on ebay all i could find was an abu one which looked a like it probably would be a little bit too small, obviously i want enough room to be able to move freely, any other big guys or gals had this problem? what did you find?

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts
if this is the one you are refering to, i think the guy i just modeling maybe a medium possibly.

send them a message and ask for measurements of the XXXL or there abouts.

it does look like quite a nice suit tbh, not as garish as others i have seen.

hope this kind of helps, al.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi dude, i purchashed the ABU suit size large, waist, it fit's a treat, the suit has a sizing lable inside for refference for all suits and its a well made suit, got mine on ebay from Tackle trade lanark scotland, very good service and a good price
cheers Mr fish

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You want to get a sundridge one, they go up to xxxl then G (giant). Or look on the titan site for a storm suit. After all do you really need a floaty. I'm about your dap and I ware a good quality waterproofs (breathable) with (greys extreme) bib n braces. Warm dry and comfy. If I fish a dagouous mark I ware an auto inflate life jacket.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yeah sundridge defo best option for sizes. The SAS suit is around £79.99 for bib n brace and jacket :)

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
I`ve got my investments :drunk: into the Fladen suit - I`m the same waist and I found their XXL ( yellow jacket ) suit was just right, whereas I found the Sundridge XXXL " a bit snug ". I`m having major problems getting into size 12 chest waders at the minute ( feet are 10 ) unless I go commando and oil up first ( just joking girls :blink: :headhurt: ) and have decided after 2 different failures buying off Ebay I`ve got to get myself to a shop with a good stock to try a set on in person, its the only way....

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
I use this one and it works a treat.

Never tried it in the sea and I hope I do not need to.

Very quick delivery and excellent attention to detail.
try this flotation suit

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I`ve got my investments :drunk: into the Fladen suit - I`m the same waist and I found their XXL ( yellow jacket ) suit was just right, whereas I found the Sundridge XXXL " a bit snug ". I`m having major problems getting into size 12 chest waders at the minute ( feet are 10 ) unless I go commando and oil up first ( just joking girls :blink: :headhurt: ) and have decided after 2 different failures buying off Ebay I`ve got to get myself to a shop with a good stock to try a set on in person, its the only way....
thanks mate very helpfull, i think i will have to do as you say and find a shop with good stock to try on, i will look at the fladen ones, i have heard they are quite good, which would make a change from every other Fladen product I have ever brough :whistling:

thanks for everyones responses, given me some stuff to look up on monday, when i get more then 5 minutes free!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nice to encounter another man of stature. I'm fed up with shops that only sell boy's sizes! It's cost me a fortune in taxes to get to the size I am now. I expect something in return.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have the sundridge entec in giant. 52" chest and 5' 11".

The bib and braces would be a perfect fit if the legs were shorter. for your height they would be ideal.

The Jacket is very baggy though and come down to my knees almost. If I had a chance to of mixed and matched I'd of gone down 1 size for the jacket. Again, with your extra height it should be fine. I could wear another coat under then jacket and it would still fit.

I've also got the abu bib & brace in XXL and I reakon you'd need a 38" waist for them to fit (or mine are marked the wrong size)

bigsim

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks mate very helpfull, i think i will have to do as you say and find a shop with good stock to try on, i will look at the fladen ones, i have heard they are quite good, which would make a change from every other Fladen product I have ever brough :whistling:

thanks for everyones responses, given me some stuff to look up on monday, when i get more then 5 minutes free!
Hi

Any update on the suits that you tried on and which one have you brought?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts