World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow fishing people, I have recently moved back to Montrose in Scotland and am looking to buy my 1st fishing boat , I would like to find someone who already fishes out of montrose for some general advice and education on running a boat , mooring / Harbour costs in Montrose and if possible someone who may be able to take me out on there boat for a few trips just to give me some experience , I used to go out regularly as a teenager with Vic and Eric Laidlaw however as I have been out of town for the last 30 years I have lost all contact with anyone I used to fish with. Any advice is more than welcome , many thanks

Today

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
There doesn't seem to be anyone fishing with rods apart from mackerel these days, it's just a few creel fishermen. I go to Arbroath if I want to get afloat. A few lads keep boats in the basin as it's free, don't think anyone other than creel lads berth in the harbour.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Burnie, that's a real shame , used to love my rod fishing with Eric and vic , there was 4 or 5 of us every weekend weather permitting and we were filling a couple of boxes with Cod quite regularly.
Have been fishing the estuary quite frequently with the Mrs mostly plaice and mackerel but have seen a few boats coming and going although most do look like creel boats.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Freya is for sale!

Arbroath, Jouhnshaven, and Gourdon are available (some harbours require small boat removeral over the winter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts