World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then,

Am i out of my mind to try a bit of plugging (or live Prawn)over the Sussex reefs this weekend?

Forecast seems to be fine, wind swinging to a southerly direction on Friday, by Sunday, sea temp maybe above 10\11 degrees.

Ah well talked myself in to it then....:notworthy:):giveup:

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Right then,

Am i out of my mind to try a bit of plugging (or live Prawn)over the Sussex reefs this weekend?

Forecast seems to be fine, wind swinging to a southerly direction on Friday, by Sunday, sea temp maybe above 10\11 degrees.

You go for it mate........What have you got to lose by trying?! Personally, I would go for the live prawn option; I reckon you might just surprise them fish into giving you a good session mate.

I am currently trying to come up with a cunning stunt that involves the wife and kids taking some part in a days fishing that I haven't even discussed with them yet!! :blink:

Good luck.

Andy. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Took the fly rod out last week Pugs to your neck of the woods but no luck. It looked good though and the water clarity was OK. The only thing was the total lack of any blennies, prawns or crabs on the rock pools, so not a huge amount of food for the bass, though I guess there would have been some peeler lurking.

Its worth a go though, I'll be out tomorrow Hampshire way I think. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
im thinking of doing some spinning and plugging. maybe in the shoreham area. i would love to fish brighton marina if anyone is planning on going over the next week??

Jamie

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
im thinking of doing some spinning and plugging. maybe in the shoreham area. i would love to fish brighton marina if anyone is planning on going over the next week??

Jamie

Jamie,

Is that where the sea-trout come from?

·
Registered
840 Posts
It is certainly worth a go this weekend !!! I know of some decent fish inshore already!(one 10lber) so may have a go my self if home duties allow. Try a surface lure when there isnt much fish life about as this may draw fish from a distance .

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
is anyone going to be fishing around the shoreham area this weekend??

Jamie

·
Registered
234 Posts
hope to get there by high tide - 2ish but if we can do earlier i ll pm you - (both boys play football so could have a game first)- lookin at stayin till low water - just wondering what kind of weights do i need ?? breakaways as normal ??- see ya sat - cheers - bdb

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
oh ok, im working from 11 till 4pm. so if im quick i could be with you guys by 5pm.

Jamie

·
Registered
184 Posts
Right then,

hope you have a good session m8,are you sure about wind though,site i use (met office) are saying north northeast ??,good luck anyway,tight lines.:thumbs:
kjp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts