World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and so it carried on for 6 full days, fishing from 10am to 10pm every day with me learning the ground it just got better and better as the week went on until the last day on the thursday morning about 7.30am, liam, davey and george were lying on the couches looking miserable and tired when i bounced in whistling "beautiful day" by U2 while pulling on my fishing strides and lacing up on my fishing boots...

george said grumpily "what are you so happy about??"

i said....

"i'm 300 miles inside the arctic circle with my mates and my boy, the sun is shining, it's flat calm and there's millions of big fish out there for the taking..."

"what's there not to be happy about??" :yahoo:

the last day was just incredible, easily the best day for size and amount of big fish, my mate had been fishing at skjervoy for a couple of days and because of what we were getting sailed their arvor the 30 or so miles to the west side of loppa to meet us, within 1/2 an hour they had cod of 42lb and 35lb and after we came home continued to sail up every day, it was that good....

so with a total of 10 species including 3 cod over 45lb, lost count of the 30lbers, countless big coalies, haddock, and 10 halibut i think this trip will be hard to top, maybe next september, we'll see...:fishing:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Excellent report mate, and well done on some cracking fish! Seems the weather was kind to yous aswell. The pictures are real quality too, what sort of camera do you use?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent report mate, and well done on some cracking fish! Seems the weather was kind to yous aswell. The pictures are real quality too, what sort of camera do you use?
i know how very lucky we were with the weather, 1241 miles north of my house and while it was pishing with rain here we were getting a sun tan, who'd believe it...

i use a canon 7D DSLR, way too much camera for me but my wife got me it for my birthday last year and i'm determined to master it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts