World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to get out on Topcat last night from Lossiemouth. Hot, balmy evening fishing I thought, but the sea was fairly choppy with a hot wind keeping us warm.
Bill the skipper took us just off the harbour for some bait fishing and we filled our buckets with mackies. Unfortunatly, my 12 year old son left me standing on the score sheet. Then out to a mark in the Hopeman direction for the cod, again a few mackies and then my son started catching, he brought in some pollack 4 worth three for the pot and one to live and catch another day. Just as it looked as if things were dying Bill took us back to a mark near the skerries and just as he announced 10 more minutes it began to liven up. I managed two cod in a row, my son picked up a codling, a lot of small pollack began to get caught then someone picked up a massive Ling at the stern of the boat. I apologise for the lack and quality of the pics. This is the third time I have been out on the Topcat and have not had a bad trip yet. A nice sail in the sun, some decent cod and the freezer filled with mackerel. What more could you ask for?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Sounds like a decent trip Ferg. I've been out with Bill a few times and he trys hard to get in amongst the fish. Well worth a trip out.

I'm thinking of trying to organise an offshore trip at the end of september.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
one thing you can be sure of, bill will do his best to get you into fish good skipper and a top boat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts