World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started off today paddling straight for 2.5km to look for a wreck I hit the way point then did a spiral search which wasn’t easy with the tide running. I searched out in all directions about 70m and found nothing apart from a lumpy sea bed, maybe it’s silted over, but what ever the reason I had to call it a day. After a little thought I decided to miss out the next mark and paddle down tide and out for another 4km and try a little fished wreck which often holds some cod. I had an awful time to begin with first drop got snagged lost a weight, mini hokkais and a jelly, next drop lost a set of fatboy hokkais. Tackling up cost me 500m to paddle back against the tide which so still running at nearly 2 knots, neaps this week as well. I was thinking this is going to be a blank at this rate. Another set of minis went 23m down, at last a hook up!
A nice codling.

I needed a break from paddling, a bite to eat and a drink, so down went the anchor for a while. In my cool bag I had 5 vintage frozen lug which I’d bought in January together with 3 squid which weren’t quite so old.
It’s like bites all the time mostly from pout but some nice codling mixed in.

A lovely day to be out.

The tide didn’t slow down until 4p.m. 3 hours after the high. So back to drifting until the ebb got too strong.

My last fish was this codling about 3lb which I returned.

cod vid
And 2 to take home.

Back on the beach this steamed pass, I shrimper I guess.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
may have los some tackle but you did get rewarded with some nice fish , well done, looks good to see some cod about

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Well done pinkfoot, the effort you put into your fishing puts the rest of us to shame. Nice codling and an excellent report as ever.

·
Fishy Jim
9,137 Posts
more awesome pics there dude,....water looks awesome too!

·
Registered
213 Posts
hello mate ,
my brother has nearly the same set up as you kayak wise an rods an stuff he normally comes from coventry to mablethorpe but not caught a great deal would it be alright if i gave him your details ,hes an allright guy good angler on beach or boat well tight lined an may your rod allways be bent

lincsbassman

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
may have los some tackle but you did get rewarded with some nice fish , well done, looks good to see some cod about
Thanks bm

I learnt a lesson there, not to use feathers when it’s running hard. There are too many hooks and chances to get snagged.

Cheer pf

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hello mate ,
my brother has nearly the same set up as you kayak wise an rods an stuff he normally comes from coventry to mablethorpe but not caught a great deal would it be alright if i gave him your details ,hes an allright guy good angler on beach or boat well tight lined an may your rod allways be bent

lincsbassman
Hi lbm

He can pm me anytime. :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.