World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Only fished a couple of times and 1 comp , I have fished either side of the bridge, under the bridge, one for comfort fishing ie the car nearby ,protected to a certain degree by the bridge weather wise . Night fishing produces the best no surprise !!there. Rag and flapper/spoon rig are the most productive bait for fatties etc some good wieghts over the years reported. none by me I may add .There are marks around the banks which fish well but anglers who fish there regular will advisse you on them I'm sure good luck anyway,p.s dont cast too far into the river fatties like the banking around there for feeding,flood to high on small tides ,The bigger tides tend to drag the line with ease.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
only thing i can add is dont even consider fishing it if the tide is big, ie over10.5.

cast at the most 10 yards.

and dont lazy dig your bait from the left hand side of the bridge(swansea side), but be carefull and dont do it aloine, you WILL get stuck.

Just be careful when fish the banks as u can get cut off and be careful when fihsing the mudy'r parts as it can be deep.

kelvin

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Turn down the side of the Reverend James Pub (between Gorseinon & Loughor) there is a car park at the end of the street (which closes at about 6.00pm) & has spikes if you are stuck in there after 6!
get your mudworm at County Stores in Gowerton if you are idle like me, fish a size 1 or 2 Aberdeen so you dont deep hook the small flatties, H.W 4.35 2moro perfect for it, fill your boots! (fish the last 2up & first 2 back)
blueskip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts