World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished sunday with dad in law had a few takes but lost them. He caught 4 beuties up to 8 pound. He kept a 5+ pound bass for the table all other bass returned safely.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Id NEVER live that down with my Father in Law! id have thrown him in!!!:oops:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice sesh mate, I live by the estuary and not heard of catches of that size this year, well done!!!

Any pics and advise where to fish it???

·
Registered
238 Posts
well done to him for the bass was e spinning ,float,or bottom fishing? if so wat bait

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all bottom fishing, not spinning. I could not believe it myself as I have only seen one that size and that was caught down in ferryside.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Very hit and miss Loughor, fished it for years and still waiting for that big fish to take my worm!

·
Registered
603 Posts
well done mate my nabour and his brother had 27 bass there last week biggest being 9 pound the bait they used was lug and crab

·
Registered
603 Posts
i mate i did offer to ask my nabour last week if anyone wanted to know because they are in theyer 60s and 70s it wouldent have been far walk i remember him telling me he parks just off the roundabout on the left hand side in loughor if you are comming from swansea but i will find out for you and post back on here i am glad glenister posted on here because some guys thought i was telling porkys which is something i would never do. :doh:

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
i mate i did offer to ask my nabour last week if anyone wanted to know because they are in theyer 60s and 70s it wouldent have been far walk i remember him telling me he parks just off the roundabout on the left hand side in loughor if you are comming from swansea but i will find out for you and post back on here i am glad glenister posted on here because some guys thought i was telling porkys which is something i would never do. :doh:
better to not post it on the open forum if you find out where they fished fella....it would get netted out within a tide or two I expect.....

If anyone wants to know and your happy to share better done by pm, then the netters dont get to see

Faiplay though seems lougher is fishing well for bass

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
and there's me walking all the way to whiteford for 3lb-ers.:doh: shame there aren't any pics of these huge bass from loughor that have been caught.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Netters as far as I am aware cannot net this side of whitford / burry port, leagally anyway. I and lots of others no dought know that this has been ignored by some and they know that the fisheries are so under manned that they can get away with it.:cry:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do believe that some impressive catches are caught and I know for a fact that some anglers keep it to themselves not to be called liars and have the venue over-fished!!! On sunday (after blanking for 3hrs and trying everything) another forum member arrived at the mark I was fishing and in no time had landed around 4 bass which looked big from 50yards away so I went to find out what he was doing. He explained/demonstarated the plug fishing he was doing and even gave me a lure to try!! i had a 4lb 5oz bass and have only now stopped shaking. he said his fish were all between 2.5lbs and 5lb! i took a photo of 2 that he had in a rockpool for him and he photo`d mine. the fish were weighed on a scales built into a hand help fish gripper he was using to land them and no report or pics have been posted. so im gonna keep an open mind on it and if its a mark i have fished and seen producing like this i would tend to believe it but never fished lloughor so dont know if it produces as posted. (if it is though, ill be there!!)

·
Registered
603 Posts
i had a chat with my nabour today guys and he was having the bass off lougher bridge itself so no worry about netters i also said he was having them on lug but it was rag worm he was using while bottom fishing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts