World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a short session this morning at Loughor from 6:30am tried the old toby a few times pulled a bit of weed here and there, a couple of jumps and splashes added to my excitement of a take, changed over to storm bugs, rappalla J11 and then tried a surface popper.
two or three casts nothing, then a near take water splashed everywhere no fish in sight!
Reeled in and tried again
and again
then i cast out as i hit the water there was a swirl of water around the popper then wallop game on line screamed of the reel luckily i had the drag set just right. the fish took off down tide toward the bridges i tried to turn the fish but no the rod thumped hard as i tried to battle it as the line was getting closer to the pillar i tried hard to pull fish there was water disturbance on the surface and my arse was bubbling.
One last chance to turn the sucker and i tried hard so hard i snapped the top section of spinning rod, fish still on i reeled hard and tightened the drag the line was heading towards the pillar as it did ping the line snapped.
No fish to show and a broken rod but what one hell of a fight.
There was a chap with his dog he came down and said he saw the take and could not believe the struggle, he patted me on the back and said next time use a tougher rod i laughed with him and went home.

M

·
0 Posts
Had a short session this morning at Loughor from 6:30am tried the old toby a few times pulled a bit of weed here and there, a couple of jumps and splashes added to my excitement of a take, changed over to storm bugs, rappalla J11 and then tried a surface popper.
two or three casts nothing, then a near take water splashed everywhere no fish in sight!
and again
then i cast out as i hit the water there was a swirl of water around the popper then wallop game on line screamed of the reel luckily i had the drag set just right. the fish took off down tide toward the bridges i tried to turn the fish but no the rod thumped hard as i tried to battle it as the line was getting closer to the pillar i tried hard to pull fish there was water disturbance on the surface and my arse was bubbling.
One last chance to turn the sucker and i tried hard so hard i snapped the top section of spinning rod, fish still on i reeled hard and tightened the drag the line was heading towards the pillar as it did ping the line snapped.
There was a chap with his dog he came down and said he saw the take and could not believe the struggle, he patted me on the back and said next time use a tougher rod i laughed with him and went home.
thats why i love the lite gear more fun.welldone john mate

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
unlucky on the rod and fish m8 - looks as if you lost a biggie..........

or as we know it a bass.......

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
bit of bad luck there mate (but you had the fun of the fight while it lasted)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
nice 1 mate ,thats a great story, looks like he was a whopper!!!!:clap3: :clap3:
theres always next time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
and again
thats one hell of a dream john :clap3: :notworthy :clap3: :notworthy ...

but seriously,bummer luck mate:schmoll:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats one hell of a dream john :clap3: :notworthy :clap3: :notworthy ...

but seriously,bummer luck mate:schmoll:
Hi Stan you ok?
One hell of a fight boy! one hell of a fight
Maybe one day i will have the sucker!!!!!!

absolutely gutted

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Stan you ok?
One hell of a fight boy! one hell of a fight
Maybe one day i will have the sucker!!!!!!

absolutely gutted
hi john..yep,doing ok,you?

still not been out fishing for over a year now,in fact,got the rods out to do a bit of tourny casting first time for 2 months, last sunday.kev has been asking me to fish the comps etc,but i get tied up doing other things with the missus/grandchildren.

one day though,one day!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts