World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself, Mad Max And slippery Tel took the LADY J out from bradwell marina about 10oclock about 1 mile of dropped the hook loads of lugg and squid on 4.0 pullys. Was slow going but whiting of large and small size . But then up comes codling no1 4.1/2lb five minutes later up comes no two 7.1/2lb lost no three just before top of tide.A tad breezy but on the ebb nothing but still a happy bunny. Of to yarmouth for a week fishing now where did i put them crabs. That is all 007.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Myself, Mad Max And slippery Tel took the LADY J out from bradwell marina about 10oclock about 1 mile of dropped the hook loads of lugg and squid on 4.0 pullys. Was slow going but whiting of large and small size . But then up comes codling no1 4.1/2lb five minutes later up comes no two 7.1/2lb lost no three just before top of tide.A tad breezy but on the ebb nothing but still a happy bunny. Of to yarmouth for a week fishing now where did i put them crabs. That is all 007.
Well done , Couple of cracking cod that in the river

·
Registered
19,553 Posts
Well done, that fellow.
My reckoning is that it may come good this autumn , just so long as it doesn't freeze hard too soon as it did last year.
Out as soon as I can...
Cheers,
Davey.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Tiny, are you the same top angler from the Roker Ron site?. You had a great write up in boat fishing mag. Can I ask ou a question?, not trying to steel your knowledge but when Cod fishing do you prefer to strike once the break the lead and swim off or on the first pull down. Last question if I may.....hook size. Do you think 8/0 and 6/0's are felt by the fish in comparison to smaller hooks like 4/0's?. Sorry for the questions but I am clearly doing something wrong.

15,082 Posts
Hi Tiny, are you the same top angler from the Roker Ron site?. You had a great write up in boat fishing mag. Can I ask ou a question?, not trying to steel your knowledge but when Cod fishing do you prefer to strike once the break the lead and swim off or on the first pull down. Last question if I may.....hook size. Do you think 8/0 and 6/0's are felt by the fish in comparison to smaller hooks like 4/0's?. Sorry for the questions but I am clearly doing something wrong.
I have pointed Darren your way.He will be with you once he has finished doing an Article for a couple of mags on Cod rigs for this coming Winter.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Bloody hell! if he's head is not big enough already you go and have to post this !!!!!!!:uhuh:

It will not take very long to steal his knowledge! :nonono:

No strike, just wind down onto the fish and keep the line tight!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts