World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
&

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived with lots of spare time on Sunday for a wrecking trip on The Duchess II. (Trip postponed from saturday due to adverse weather.) First time wrecking and as can be expected lost quite a few bits of rig. The bilious orange shads didn't seem to be working with others dragging in big? Pollack on pretend sandeels (the're the ones for me next time). Changed to khaki green shad and got a big bite, it was on the hook for all of five seconds!

Called in at one wreck only to find net markers on it. Bad vibes from the other more experienced fisherpersons. From then on all I caught were wrecks! On the way back to West Bay stopped off for some Whiting, got two, one for me and one for her and four Pouting for the cat! Marvelous day out and I can't thank the others enough for freely imparting their knowledge to a beginner.

The only fly in the ointment was my Penn Model 85 reel started getting very hard to rewind(wind in). Got a request out on the Interweb for a breakdown sheet or spareparts list before I settle down and find out the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry to hear you did'nt get a couple of nice big pollack, but as long as you learned something and enjoyed yourself thats the main thing, as next time it won't be such a steep learning cure is there any chance you could make our day out on the 17th June? as the guys going would be only to pleased to further your wrecking education.

&

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry but as much as I'de like to meet my "tutors" (a) I'm working that day and (b) I'ts only two days 'till The annual big get together of the Vintage Motorcycle Club for the Banbury Run.

500 plus geriatric motorcycles (none manufactured after 1931) Chugging, gasping, or if lucky riding proudly round the highways and byways of Oxfordshire. I'll be polishing up the old Model"P". This year I've got a Deerstalker crash helmet, big brown gauntlets, brown brogues and a Norfolk Jacket, should I finish off the ensemble with my monocle? I'll be thinking of you......Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
35 Posts
sorry to hear things didnt go as well as you anticipated,but if it was all that easy there would be no fish left,
who on earth told you to use orange shads at this time of year for pollock???
they work best for cod in the summer off wrecks and rough ground mid-channel
at this time of year pearl/bluegill storm shads, black with red or yellow tail worms ,in the area you were fishing in .trust me im a doctor of fishology??NOT.

ON THE SUBJECT OF BIKES ,my old man has an aerial square four is that the sort of thing you ride??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts