World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
probly a realy silly question but has anyone ever used one of these low profile multiplyers to spin ??? if so could you tell me how they are.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I use a 'low-profile' Quantum multiplier, i call it a baitcaster, for pike fishing using lures and spinners. I team it with a 9ft Trabucco spincraft rod. I love it. Can fish one handed all day.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
I use a shimano baitcaster one. Love fishing with it, but, in general i dont think multipliers are the thing to use when using lures etc under about a gram or so. The inertia of the spool starts significantly affecting distance. Then there is the fiddly issues you get with a multi if you want to use braid.

*edit
that should be ounce not gram :)

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
Hello matey, ive got a diawa mega force left handed lil multi and when its working its very nice to use for a change, but the last few sessions ive had nout but trouble with it and took it back to the shop!

using it with a bait casting rod, you can cast one handed all day. its good if the fish are in close, but if you have got a bit of wind in your face and the fish are a bit futher out there useless!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts