World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Going down to Chesil with the family on the 6th May bank holiday. Checked the tide times and it'll be low tide during the day when I'll be fishing. Does anyone know any good low tide marks on Chesil and any tips (bait, fish species) would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
High or low there is always plenty of water at Chesil and the fish can turn up any state of tide. I'm sure the locals have preferred times but that would take many years to learn. Deeper Portland end and shallower towards West Bay.
Early May I would be after Smut , Ray or Plaice. As for tips you can fish it for 40 years and still learn something new every time you go. I'd suggest hedging your bets and fishing day and night with mixture of fish , squid and worm baits , perhaps crab if you can afford it!
It does not always produce and can appear barren some days but it's one of the few beaches that gives a chance of something special - enjoy.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
There's always water at Chesil so I don't think it matters much whether you fish low or high water. The weather dictates everything on Chesil. I never worry about tides as long as its fishable then im there

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
High or low there is always plenty of water at Chesil and the fish can turn up any state of tide. I'm sure the locals have preferred times but that would take many years to learn. Deeper Portland end and shallower towards West Bay.
Early May I would be after Smut , Ray or Plaice. As for tips you can fish it for 40 years and still learn something new every time you go. I'd suggest hedging your bets and fishing day and night with mixture of fish , squid and worm baits , perhaps crab if you can afford it!
It does not always produce and can appear barren some days but it's one of the few beaches that gives a chance of something special - enjoy.
Thanks for info

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's always water at Chesil so I don't think it matters much whether you fish low or high water. The weather dictates everything on Chesil. I never worry about tides as long as its fishable then im there
Thanks for info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts