World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Global Moderator
23,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Fancy a few hours fishing tonight but high tide where I fish (along portsmouth) isn't until about 5 in the morning and I need to be back way b4 then cos got the kids in the morning.. Are there any low tide venues worth fishing this side of Southampton, say gilcicker, S.Parade pier, Browndown etc...Any advice massively welcomed, need to get out for a few sessions after looking after sick, 2 yr old twins all day.

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Ben,
i would usually say Kicker, but last time we fished low there, weed was horrendous!
Of course, it may of eased off....
I would say probably east Hayling, by all accounts from the locals its good, at present and fishing is easier over the low, chance of smuts,Bass, etc.
Good luck, may see you there if fishing sat.nite...
Tight Lines!

·
Global Moderator
23,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, have tried gilli a few times now and never had much luck and am in the process of trying out new venues so will probably get down to Sandy Point for a few hours-come and say hello if your there (will have an imax flotation top on).

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mate, I wouldn't worry about the state of the tide to much. I just go fishing when i want to go fishing regardless of the state of the time. I've had some of my best fish on what some would call bad tides or states of tide. If i'd taken some peoples advice and not gone fishing because of the tide state i would never of caught those fish

I admit some venues if the tide goes out a long way or muddy venues can be a bit of a mare.

If i fish a venue where the tide goes out a long way when i retreve and change my baits i tread the old bait in to the sea bed, that way when the tide pushes over your old bait your sort of ground bait the area your fishing.

I'm fishing tomorrow night and i will get down at low water and fish the tide up, the venue i'm fishing the tide will be out about 1/4 mile from the high water point. I just go light and walk back with the tide.

If i was too select a venue for someone to fish, i would say go to the Mushroom at Browndown, that allways fishes well with the tide on the push. My saying is, just go fishing, you won't catch F*@ck all sat on the Sofa.:happy:

Best of Luck....

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
Hello mate. Give sandy point a go, mate fished the low water yestaday had mackie gars loads of bream up to 1lb 8oz and some small smuts upto 3lb. if you can get some fresh mackeral, wack a chunk on coz there are some big bass down there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Totally agree with PK, but as ben was asking for better venues over a low, was trying to give better options, in my opinion...
But, yes i have had decent fish at all states of tides, my PB bass was on a
"so-called" poor tide, on the ebb... go figure that?
We hope to fish sat.nite, if my daughter doesn't decide 2 make an appearance! (the wife is heavy with child!).
Good Luck to all..:fish:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts