World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up Terry (southwesterly) and Ruth down towards the bottom of the tide
Nothing much happened until low water when I managed a Flounder and a Bass, so the Flounder went back and the Bass when into the bucket.
As soon as the tide starts to flood you only have about an hour max before you have to cross the gulley, as it fills up behind you.
well I had another 4 Bass in that time span and the biggest bang on 4lb Not a bad session but marred by some dodgy hooks that some rave about.
I had 2 that snapped at the gape last night. They were Sakuma Mantas and was not impressed although very sharp but do not have strength it appears
to cope with stroppy fish in the surf. So it's back to the Partridge sting points for me. Terry managed 3 Bass and a Codling on the last cast. and Ruth raised a big smile
with a Bass of about 2lb towards the end of the session. Well done Ruth.
as always a pleasure fishing with Terry and good to see Ruth getting into the swing of beach fishing and getting the hang of pumping worms, thanks to Terry's expert
tuition.

A quick picture of them before filleting. :thumbs:

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
nice one edd, them hooks ave been in the bottom of ya box for 3 years lol, me and chris done felixstowe last night with poor results and the warf this morning with no results lol, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
:thumbs:That's great result some nice fish for the table. busy sesh for you . hopefully i'll be able to join you in the future for a sesh when my foot improves ......Glad to here the pumping is improving thank's to Terry.nice lad and alway's helpful.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
well done eddie another cracking session on the bass cant wait to get back out there tonight for some more of our spikey friends as always it was an absoloute pleasure fishing with you and ruth and a very well done to ruth for catching her first shore caught bass :thumbs:ruth you are a very fast learner congratulations mate

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well done on the fish, nice bag there Eddie, I lost probably the fish of a lifetime using Mantas in Goa, massive rod bending bite the bang, hook snapped and fish gone in seconds :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well done Terry, Eddie and Ruth on a fine catch of Bass. Eddie the only hooks I use these days are Kamasan, they have never let me down yet, some people say they are expensive but I say you get what you pay for. Billy-

·
Registered
343 Posts
I fished down there to.I had 1 bass and a cod.Then 2 bass at high.Better using the manta extras.I have had the mantas snap on me. Sticking them in the oven at 250C for 20 mins will help temper them back a bit.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Well like you said a cracking session, Thanks Terry for the Bait pumping session, There's nothing like catching a big fat Bass on a worm you have gathered yourself :clap2: And Eddie.. your just a show off with all those bass!!!!!:bleh: Can't wait until the next time... Cheers Chaps:thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.