World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

Being relatively new to shore fishing I was wondering whether someone could point me in the right direction with low water marks, suitable for fishing when the tide is out.

Hoping to have an evening session sometime this weak, but as there are relatively small tides, moon and sun dictate that the tide will be out during the 1st few hours of darkness!!!

I have been told that aberavon fishes OK on low water? Anyone with any suggestions/tips etc for a safe productive mark that generally fishes well??

Thanks

Al :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
i dont know how close you live to this area but aberthaw(by the power station) is a good low water mark, use rotten bottom rigs though

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the suggestion, do you lose a lot of leads there?

Sorry should have said - I live just outside Llanelli but 'have rod, will travel'. I have a week off work comingup and am looking to spend most of it fishing!? (don't tell the missus!!!)

Looking to try out more marks/areas this year, as most of the marks round this area are estuaries and can be unfishable at low water!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Oarsman, what do you want to catch? the last 2hrs of the ebb & the first 2hrs of the flood are the best times to catch flounders at Cefn Sidan & Llangenith, & near the barrel post in Burry Port, & Amroth. ;)
For whiting & those "unmentionable things" you are best off over top tide, & the Ledges at Rhossilli are renowned as a dab & whiting mark at H.W. (but for christ's sake be careful on the descent)! :(
Not much apart from flats at L.W. I'm afraid, you should have timed your holidays better, next year book them from the tide table not the calender! Fairly tight lines to you. :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
localfisher,
top site m8, didn't know it existed!
Oarsman Dan the ranny in penarth and the Sand split in St Mary's well Bay (Between Sully/Peanrth) both fish well over low, but as you said need to be on the big tides if possible.
JD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for link Local - finally moving to my new house in Rhoose next week - and been pottering around various areas along the coast looking for fishing marks for high and low tide. Top Site - Thx. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
a good low water mark for after the new year is the ledges behind sully hospital rough ground but can be well worth it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Moving to a road called Fonmon Park. Its going to be nice being a short distance from aberthaw (not tried it yet) - fairly close to Barry/The Knap and only about 15 mins drive to witches point and Ogmore. Cant wait.
Oh and i'm 36.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts