World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi anyone know of any half decent low water marks around portsmouth gosport area as i can not make high water tomorrow night many thanks steve

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
you could always fish clarence m8 but depending on the weather pompey fc being out home it could be busy.

other than that you could always fish round tower old portsmouth or the entrance to langestone harbour. both of these are better at low water marks. plenty of bass around the harbours so its worth a shot

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Kite Festival, circus and carni all on the common this weekend plus it was pay day yesterday and a bank holiday weekend, Clarence will likely be non stop hassle if it was me I'd steer well clear.

Gilkicker always worth a go on short tides like this, weed could be a nightmare after the winds we've had but it can also throw up plenty of variety and you can catch on short casts if the weed is making life difficult. Fish the tide down from anytime around dusk onwards. Report here: http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196567 from Rugmuncher who fished the ebb on the last set of lazy tides :fishing1:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Fishing clarence, with all the above mentioned could put some people off, but you always get a crowd and noise as there is a fun fair, hovercraft and mozzy joes right next to it depending on what side you choose.

Me and a friend fished it thursday night, and not only was there noise, crowds, boy racers it was also blowing a gale and decided to rain, glad i went as i got my first sole of the year and my mate had a nice lobster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.