World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some Squid, Sandeel and Mackerel. Gonna have a bash at low tonight. 7pm 1.9m. Where should I go around Morecambe/Heysham? Anywhere fishing particularly well at low?

Ill let you know how I get on.

Ben

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Try spinning with your sandeel for bass at the outflows, and the macky and squid in the harbour :punk:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got some Squid, Sandeel and Mackerel. Gonna have a bash at low tonight. 7pm 1.9m. Where should I go around Morecambe/Heysham? Anywhere fishing particularly well at low?

Ill let you know how I get on.

Ben
looking forward to the report Ben :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,

Went down to the pipeline at low. fished 2 rods 1hr before low to 1hr after, First set up was a pulley rig with a pennell hooked sandeel hoping for a bass. The second rod was a two hook flapper with size 4 hooks, hoping for a plaice or two. Baits used were Maccy, Sandeel and squid, and a cocktail of the three.

Surprise Surprise blanked. Loads of fish jumping and splashing around (could have been mullet). Baits stripped within afew minutes, presumably by crabs. With all the fish splashing on the surface perhaps plugging would have been a better option.

My results in the Bay are shocking to put it mildly. Any ideas why I keep blanking? Wrong rigs/bait/timing? or just unlucky.

Might go back tomorrow with the plugs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well,

Went down to the pipeline at low. fished 2 rods 1hr before low to 1hr after, First set up was a pulley rig with a pennell hooked sandeel hoping for a bass. The second rod was a two hook flapper with size 4 hooks, hoping for a plaice or two. Baits used were Maccy, Sandeel and squid, and a cocktail of the three.

Surprise Surprise blanked. Loads of fish jumping and splashing around (could have been mullet). Baits stripped within afew minutes, presumably by crabs. With all the fish splashing on the surface perhaps plugging would have been a better option.

My results in the Bay are shocking to put it mildly. Any ideas why I keep blanking? Wrong rigs/bait/timing? or just unlucky.

Might go back tomorrow with the plugs.
ive been asking myself the same question for 10 years :laugh: pays off when i go elsewhere though.
squid isnt the best bait to be honest, the only thing ive caught on it around here is dogfish in autumn. mackeral is best used in the winter for whiting/flatties and sandeel doesnt seem to be very popular around here, ive caught flounder on it, no bass though. you would be best sticking with worm baits and crab baits through out the summer months. i honestly cant go fishing without worm whether its fresh/frozen.

unlucky about this fishing ben, must of been a nice night to of been out though. next time you know to take some bread and a float setup with you!:fishing:

Arran.

·
Registered
253 Posts
to be honest with you lads i dont bother fishing without peeler crab or softys, its just a complete waste of time for me when i use stuff like squid, theey just dont seem interested not used it now for ages, the fish jumpin and spalshing around are mullet big ones as well, there was 2 huge was swimimg around the green tower last time i was there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
august is always a poor month at Morecambe /Heysham but it comes alive after the first set of big spring tides in september.

Don't let your enthusiasm drop ,theres some cracking channels forming at the moment, soon be time for the big plaice and bass:yeah:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts