World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todays intended sole target was definately off the cards today with white horses off the pier at Lowestoft and the carnival due in the afternoon so I sought solace in the chance of an odd bass or codling.
Venue today was adjacent to ness point fishing over the rocks. Arrived around low water set up a two hook flapper and a double plastic boom trace. Fished the flapper at range and the booms close in.Surprise in the first three casts producing 3 sizeable whiting on ragworm. Long thin fish but well over the size limit. Closer in i picked up some 14 sizeable pouts ranging from just over 160cm to 220cm plus a bootlace eel. As the tide picked up i moved the distance rod in to try and find some more fish but had a quiet couple of hours with just an odd crab nicking the bait.
As the tide eased i picked up 3 codling with 2 just over 36cm and one just under 34cm. Pouts started to disappear and ran out of bait around 3 so headed home for sunday lunch. Very enjoyable day with bites easy to detect even in the gusty wind.
Dabslayer

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
You saw plenty of fish then Dabs, but codling on the 10th August!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi PF had my best bag there last year in August 15 fish up to 3lb and had a few sizeable a couple of weeks back. Deep water and lots of features above and below the water usually attracts them. Heres a few piccys i actually managed to take today.
IMAG0002 (2).jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg
Dabslayer

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Shaun, no mate got a couple of hook straighteners on a couple of casts but the old aberdeen blues done there trick. Loads of terns feeding in the bay. Heard of a couple of mackies coming off the pier during the week. Unusual for Lowestoft or is it nowadays. All the fish were caught in 2 localised areas, Cast anywhere away from them and the bait wasnt touched not even by crabs another weirdy.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
good one steve, you still getting amongst them then

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know me Marv, change me tactics every half hour until something works then look out fish LOL. No seriously i find theres always something lurking around that area. I favour further up on the groins but access is now virtually non existant on flood and i dont like fishing off the prom.
Dabslayer

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Hi PF had my best bag there last year in August 15 fish up to 3lb and had a few sizeable a couple of weeks back. Deep water and lots of features above and below the water usually attracts them. Heres a few piccys i actually managed to take today.

Seems early, but then again I can remember some North Norfolk codling runs in Sept and thats only a fortnight away. Time flys doesn't it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
well done dabs :D i started getting a few codling around the middle of september last year so who knows......

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It seems a hell of a long time ago now Steve, but here's one of my treasured photos of Mark taken on one of the last fishing trips I took him on not long before he left us.

This was taken 17th September last year and I took him there because it is so comfortable and there always seems to be something to catch. Having never fished it before that day, Mark loved the spot and wanted to go back. Those Codling always seem to be there.

His last trip was intended to be to the same spot a couple of weeks later, but when we arrived a bigger sea was washing up onto the concrete slab, so we went on the South Pier instead.

Please remember the 'Gud ole Boy' thread folks. Tickets for the event are selling well, and thanks again for your invaluable offer of help Steve.

See you soon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
WOW, never seen a (220cm) 7ft pout befor, bet they give a good scrap...LOL.... Great report, keep it up mate. Chris

·
Registered
249 Posts

not too good Dabs.
main report on LL, but a few just in size Pouting and Whiting, with several undersize Pouting. Codling, Whititng and Smoothies. Good fun, but poor result for my confidence and rolling coloured sea.
expected a Bass or three. nevermind. i'm sure that i'm getting something wrong these days too. maybe have a join up sometime soon for a master like you to impart some know how, eh?

tight lines!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not you Dan its the way that the fish are this time of year. No rhyme or reason. Lowestoft sea anglers fished there tues and had a few doggies and codling but mainly whiting. More than welcome to join me at any time I,ll post next time im going. Normally fish sundays but not sure where i,m at this weekend cos in the middle of changing my job so a bit awkward dare say i,ll get a couple of hours somewhere. Which section did you fish at Lowestoft, ness point or the buoy.
Dabslayer

·
Registered
249 Posts
ok DS thanks. I'm not sure when i'll get out next either. But i'll bare the Sundays in mind in the future, so perhaps i'll be free sometime soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts