World Sea Fishing Forums banner

lowestoft north beach...09.02.14

763 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  short stuff 
#1 ·
Evening all.
me and dad thought we would give north beach a shot today. We arrived at around 10.00 to a nice lively sea and a stiff sw wind coming straight over our right shoulder.
first cast got me a plump little codling, a tad undersize but a good start and after seeing a little rattle on my other rod whilst returning him I reeled in an pin whiting and a nice dab.things carried on like that for us pretty much all day until we called it a night at 18.30.
ended up with 12 codling, all undersize but a couple only just,8 nice dabs & flounders, a couple of pouts a couple of rockling and a shed load of whiting.most of the whiting were small but several half tidy fish amoungst them throughout the day.
dad lost a nice fish to a snag and also had somthing hit a whiting on the way in.....thuded around for a few seconds and then it was away but made a mess ofthe whiting.
the chap in the next bay to us had what looked to be a very nice keeper codling, not sure how big but looked a nice fish.
lovely day, all fish caught on fresh lug and all returned safe and sound.
Atb
Craig

#4 ·
morning craig and ya pops. well done on another nice session for you again, always good reading and interesting to read your reports.
man you gotta be as big as me by now with all the codling you n ya dad are getting,,, just a suggestion {if i supply the chips} just maybe the odd
battered fillet my way lol. its seems like at last they are hitting south in force now at last, a cracking bag for you both :clap3:
take care kev :schmoll:

#6 ·
I think I saw you. I fished the ebb last night, did you have a red shelter? I Had lots of pins the odd coldet and 1 codling about 2 hours before the bottom at 3lb6oz. That was it though my mate joined me, I left at one and he fished on when I left so hopefully he got one for the table too. well done to you and your dad
Tight lines

#8 ·
Hi chaps...thanks for the replys.

Hey up Kev....cant promise I can catch you one bud but when we manage a session with you I'm sure I can sort you fish and chips out lol......we have been luck boys the last four or five weeks with stacks of fish and some nice stuff in amoungst the tidlers... its nice to get some rewards for the hours and miles put in mate.

hiya smithy....very enjoyable bud...we try our best to get amoungst em when work and weather let us...Them hounds and bass will soon be with you fella...you'll be fed up of catching em buddy lol

bernie...thanks mate...got to be in it to win it

unsonnytitled....we had the blue shelters mate, a few bays from the carpark....I think the red shelter was inbetween you and us....well done on the fish mate it certainly looked good for em.

Urbannash.....as above mate.

cheers all and take it easy

craig

#9 ·
Another good day blue just great to be out and chat to some other anglers from round and about and trying different venu and of course we will go back again
To true me ol dad..........only another 30 years until I retire then we can get at em big style lol.
til then we'll just have to make do with once or twice a week bud.
happydays

#14 ·
Hi Craig,
It was me and my greenhorn mate in the bay next to you guy's, we arrived in a transit van with thumbs up, a bit tight on entry but elbows in and happy days:clap3:
Codling caught approx half flood tide weighing around three pound:clap2: Only tings, micro cod & a gammy looking undersize dab to compliment, but a lovely day for it.
Only one set of gear lost to a snag how was it where you were?

#15 ·
Hi Craig,
It was me and my greenhorn mate in the bay next to you guy's, we arrived in a transit van with thumbs up, a bit tight on entry but elbows in and happy days:clap3:
Codling caught approx half flood tide weighing around three pound:clap2: Only tings, micro cod & a gammy looking undersize dab to compliment, but a lovely day for it.
Only one set of gear lost to a snag how was it where you were?
Hi mate........well done on the codling bud looked a nice fish....certainly bigger than any we had yesterday (we did give you a little cheer lol) ground wasn't to bad to be honest. I lost one set, dad lost a few but some of that was down to him trying his new akiosts out.
kept meaning to pop up and say hello mate but the fish kept us quite busy and then next time I tured round you were just getting in your van.
I, ll make sure I come to see you earlyer next time lol.
take it easy mate
craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.