World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone's had anything sizeable off of south pier ?

Had a few sessions few weeks ago
Tonnes of doggies,common and starry hounds and a few decent bass , had a baby thornbacks of about a pound .
I have only fished flappers , tiny hooks, and small baits.
Never seen anyone fishing half decent sized fish baits on pennels and im gonna guess their out there ?
Off to there today , armed to the hilt.
LETS DO THIS !!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Between me and 2 friends

2 eels, a little pouting and a smaller than life starry

Although as usual , fun times.

Apart from my mates missus openly calling a guy a f###ing idiot to his face when he nearly crashed his bike into us out of his but haha

Good times.

I could of probably had more bites had I of dwindled down hook and bait size. Me stubborn. Me want big flat shark

Dominic

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I arrived about 20:00 and fished further up near my colleague.
I had much the same results as you, catching eel, pout and micro pups.
I was amazed at the lack of vermin (crabs) attacking the baits. It can be quite fraught there at times with bait lasting less than 5 mins on occasion.
Our thinking was that some larger fish may be scaring the vermin witless. We both voiced the idea of fishing big crab and fish baits to see if that were the case but neither of us did.

On another note I saw you tidy up before you left and would say thanks for that. There are a lot of people who don't and the pier can get an underserved reputation because of it.

Did you leave a homemade crab pot? It was constructed using plastic plumbing pipe and connections. looked good, not sure if it was effective :)

It was very quiet up there last night although the nearby clubs and pubs seemed very noisy at times. Anyone would think there was some football game going on :D

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
me and a mate fished fresh crab for 6 hours Tuesday not a touch on it poor fishing of late sole are there but most slips had one decent one in 3 sessions and no thorny for a month

1 - 11 of 11 Posts