World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just setting up my Viking Reload. New to Kayak fishing.
Looking at a Lowrance Hook Reveal 7 but am unsure about the transducer options. I'm thinking the tripleshot model as I'm probably not going to be fishing in over 50m very often???
Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this model of fishfinders / Chartplotters?
I want something that will give me excellent detail of structure etc.

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have the Lowrance elite 5 combo, it does more than I need it to, what do you want from yours, also why such a big screen?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to plot routes, waymarkers and upload maps to it. Also would like good imaging of structure so I can see what may hold fish etc. Fancy 7" screen because it's middle of the road and would rather have the larger display so I'm not leaning forward trying to read it.
Just not sure which transducer option to go with 50/200 , 83/200 or triple shot.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Most of the time I have downscan and sonar on, they give me enough information on what is below me, and it is 5" and I don't have the best eyes for reading. Yes I may not be able to see superb pin sharp pictures of the rocks and weed, but I am bobbing about on the north sea not a bass lake in America. Waypoints are absolutely spot on with mine using navionics gold card, I even put in safe entry points when launching from mixed rocky shoreline, two buttons and job done. I've seen pots and lines on the drift and have been able to lift my lures over them, although it is not infallible as I do get stuck on them occasionally, but you can spot your gear down to individual hooks and swivels if it is in the sonar cone.
I have 83/200 and have fiddled with the settings a bit like chirp and others, it will pick up fish but for me it lets me see features on the sea bed and picks up bait fish well, doesn't get too much clutter and rarely freezes (usually due to fading/old battery)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't know you were going this route Chris, I used to do a great deal of kayak fishing so if I can help, just give me a shout and you know where I live. To be honest, the Humber around Cleethorpes is a great place to learn the basics because the water is shallow, not much tidal flow in some areas and fish for you to have a go at. If you are stuck rigging out the kayak, don't struggle as I can help. I will run through self rescue with you as well if you wish.

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts