World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ragworm, Mackerel, Flies, Lures
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been interested in starting light rock fishing for some time now. I am based in Northern Ireland and do many different types of fishing. Although I have never done LRF. I would like to do this while also doing long-distance beach casting. What would youse recommend as a basic startup?

·
Premium Member
17,433 Posts
Hi guys, I've been interested in starting light rock fishing for some time now. I am based in Northern Ireland and do many different types of fishing. Although I have never done LRF. I would like to do this while also doing long-distance beach casting. What would youse recommend as a basic startup?
It’s all down to budget really mate
Lrf is all about finesse & balance and sometimes cheap cr4p just dosent cut the mustard sort of speak,
yes you can go out and experience it but until you get the right set up you just never know how exciting it can be.

Now saying all that there is cheap good gear out there but it’s just finding the balance for your particular budget.

Why would be your budget for
Rod
Reel
Line
and lures, jig heads etc etc ?

·
Registered
Ragworm, Mackerel, Flies, Lures
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s all down to budget really mate
Lrf is all about finesse & balance and sometimes cheap cr4p just dosent cut the mustard sort of speak,
yes you can go out and experience it but until you get the right set up you just never know how exciting it can be.

Now saying all that there is cheap good gear out there but it’s just finding the balance for your particular budget.

Why would be your budget for
Rod
Reel
Line
and lures, jig heads etc etc ?
I would like to spend approximately 150 -200 pounds on all the gear together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts