World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
The swale estuary is usually ridiculously dirty, for flounder I fish low water up, my (scented) lure is rarely in more than 12 inches of water with the lure on the deck and they don't seem to struggle finding it! Also in shallow water on a flooding tide I'll fish WTD with a luckycraft sammy for the bass, limited depth is making the odds of the fish seeing your bait that little bit better

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Modify a small Mepps by removing the treble and adding a small Piece of line and a small hook. Thread on a piece of isome or gulp sandworm. Fish it as slow as you can with plenty of short pauses.

Or

Fish a piece of isome or gulp on a Carolina rig with a lead that just about holds bottom. Let it slowly roll around in the current and it will end up in food holding features where there should hopefully be some fish.

I think the first method will be better as the noise created by the Mepp will attract fish in the coloured water. Use of the second method will obviously depend on how muddy the bottom is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.