World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more pics taken recently...freshwater style.
Afon Seiont, N Wales....Blanked.....the Salmon and Sea- Trout were not around. Still....what better way to spend the Bank Holiday weekend!

And a crackin view of Llyn Peris.....just above Llanberis.

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,945 Posts
That's a cracking picture sir, worthy of being enlarged to poster size and printed onto canvas. Im sure you could sell a fair amount, help fund your lrf addiction. :)
Thank you Sir:thumbsup:, I have got a small gallery over here thanks to some good friends in their Taverna which I put together a few weeks back and have sold 4 framed prints so far which will do me and two shops have agreed to sell some prints in Corfu town and just waiting for a Matte cutter and mount board to arrive so I can present others for them..

I don't have an addiction just a healthy appetite.....:D

·
Registered
10,368 Posts
I can see them leaving the "walls" as soon as they are put up for display. Good luck in your artistic endevours:). Nothing wrong with a healthy appetite.

·
4,945 Posts
Went for a wee hour session for some night time bits but it didn't last long as something decided to disturb me and I wasn't going to risk it as it was giving it's all:poop: So had to take a few pics, here's just 2 out of many I caught before it banged it down.

:eeks::eeks::eeks:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went for a wee hour session for some night time bits but it didn't last long as something decided to disturb me and I wasn't going to risk it as it was giving it's all:poop: So had to take a few pics, here's just 2 out of many I caught before it banged it down.

View attachment 1082856

:eeks::eeks::eeks:

View attachment 1082860
Great light show Jon.....we had the same spectacle over here....around the south of U.K.....
Love a good lightning storm...:eeks:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a go Saturday morning around 3:30am...
Thunder storms....with a light display! All good stuff!

Had one follow....then the heavens fell. Time to go.

Roll on to Sunday afternoon....Mullet were the target ( why do I bother!)...lol.

At the ‘infamous’ mark again. Spotted a shoal 1-2lb class....and a few Big Uns thrown in the mix.
An unorthodox drop-shot rig was tried...and the plan was to gently jig an Isome through the shoal.
Greedy Scamps hidden amongst them were first to my offering....

Hits were fast n furious from the off....and thought that I had connected with a few Mullet....but the swines were super- quick at ejecting anything out of the ordinary!

All good stuff anyway....the Mullet would’ve been a bonus. :BigGrin:

·
4,945 Posts
Had a go Saturday morning around 3:30am...
Thunder storms....with a light display! All good stuff!
View attachment 1088655
Had one follow....then the heavens fell. Time to go.

Roll on to Sunday afternoon....Mullet were the target ( why do I bother!)...lol.

At the ‘infamous’ mark again. Spotted a shoal 1-2lb class....and a few Big Uns thrown in the mix.
An unorthodox drop-shot rig was tried...and the plan was to gently jig an Isome through the shoal.
Greedy Scamps hidden amongst them were first to my offering....

View attachment 1088657 View attachment 1088659 View attachment 1088661

Hits were fast n furious from the off....and thought that I had connected with a few Mullet....but the swines were super- quick at ejecting anything out of the ordinary!

All good stuff anyway....the Mullet would’ve been a bonus. :BigGrin:
Was going to go out very early this morning but at 3.40am mother nature put a stop to that with a big low storm cell, so it had to be camera instead. Here's just a few picks, in two hours I photographed 140 pictures with a total of 279 ground strikes in them plus loads with just cloud strikes and between takes missed shed loads. About 6 miles south near Kavos and over Paxos [ both seriously getting hammered] with up to 20 strikes in 30 secs on a few occasions I counted but still to close for waving a rod about. At 5.40am it decided to move straight over top. Epic to watch and has not long passed. Paxos is in the middle with the lights before they went out after multiple strikes to the Island. Here's just a few.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bit of Flerfing....... first attack on the Fly, then a bit of Lerfing.....#5 Fly Outfit for those bleedin Mullet!......4lb fluoro leader....Sz 12 Foam Shrimp on dropper, and on point, an Apps Bloodworm....again Sz 12.
No Mullet were showing...but a cheeky lil scamp nabbed the Apps.

Packed Fly Outfit away and LRF was cracked open....
AfterBurner 5g did the trick..... think the Sand Smelt and the Xesta are related...lol

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was going to go out very early this morning but at 3.40am mother nature put a stop to that with a big low storm cell, so it had to be camera instead. Here's just a few picks, in two hours I photographed 140 pictures with a total of 279 ground strikes in them plus loads with just cloud strikes and between takes missed shed loads. About 6 miles south near Kavos and over Paxos [ both seriously getting hammered] with up to 20 strikes in 30 secs on a few occasions I counted but still to close for waving a rod about. At 5.40am it decided to move straight over top. Epic to watch and has not long passed. Paxos is in the middle with the lights before they went out after multiple strikes to the Island. Here's just a few.

View attachment 1089309

View attachment 1089311

View attachment 1089313

View attachment 1089315

View attachment 1089317

View attachment 1089319

View attachment 1089325

View attachment 1089327

View attachment 1089329

View attachment 1089331
Some crazy lightning strikes there Jon.....especially in the last shot...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Crackin fish pal....any info regarding capture?
Tackle wise I use hto nebula 15-56gram daiwa procaster 2500 loaded with 21lb j braid down to a 16lb flurocarbon leader . Lure wise I use the cheap Chinese casting jigs replace the split rings and hooks and there good to go . I've found flooding springs the best

·
4,945 Posts
While having a quick dabble catching a few Steenbras and Rockfish some deeeep rumblings could be heard far far away then at rather a steady pace from the horizon this very low nasty storm front stopped play looking pretty evil and gave it's all including some well needed wet stuff.

1 - 20 of 408 Posts