World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Im new to the site and am after some of your useful knowledge!!

Just got rid of my TTR prototype in part exchange for a zziplex SST. Having tested the SST, I am thinking that its too stiff for me. So, Im getting a swap again, and have been offered LT14, an LT14 bullet a 4500 and an M4. Id really appreciate any advice that I can get on these rods. I want to use a max of 6oz and want to be able to bend it with pendulum. Cheers everyone!!:clap2:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

Just got rid of my TTR prototype in part exchange for a zziplex SST. Having tested the SST, I am thinking that its too stiff for me. So, Im getting a swap again, and have been offered LT14, an LT14 bullet a 4500 and an M4. Id really appreciate any advice that I can get on these rods. I want to use a max of 6oz and want to be able to bend it with pendulum. Cheers everyone!!:clap2:
Standard LT 14 sounds about right if an sst is too much for you!

I own an LT Bullet and its stiffer again than the SST its more a rock or tournament rod and doesn't even start to work with less than 6oz!

4500 is a long range match rod but may be ok for you. I have no experience of an M4 but apparently them are very slim yet still quite powerful.

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
TTR prototype on ebay?? i was watching that one:secret:
bought a new Ccc LD instead tho.
PS

·
Registered
11,125 Posts

hi and welcome to the site.

i thought the sst, [super sensitive tip] would be the softer of the bunch mentioned.
the m4 although slim is still a powerful rod.

·
Registered
11,125 Posts
Just a quick point SST stands for Super Speed Tournament its a step up from the HST High Speed Tournament and a beast of a rod
sorry. someone locally bought one, sst. he said he,d been told it was called [super sensitive tip] because we couldnt find one advertised anywhere we assumed he was right.

we live and learn. i,d better let him know.

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts