World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed out sunday looking forward to a diffrent fish didnt catch nothing sunday due to looking about at places
monday still unsure where to fish decided to head for ardwell for a bit of advice after some tips and where to fish hi-lo tide we headed to west ardwell i though id go check it out looked very pollacky ground so out come floats and ragggies not alot happend my daughter go a decent bite and took her under the rocks must of been a wrasse
butnothing else after that so headed for tarbet and though sod it i'll fish here went thru the big iron gate next to the old house fished right thru till 4am with only 3 doggies to save a blank

other place we tried was west tarbet (tackle grave yard)
portpatrick couldnt fish due to tourists
east ardwell nowt
i think it could be due to the rigs i had made up as i only had pully rigs
i also brought ao/s map from ardwell tackle shop which give alot more info than the norm road map

oh
snatcher your caravan looks superb

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
sounded like a braw wee trip Adey's.

pity the fishing wasnt a wee bit better , but you cant do anything more than try.

any pics off the areas ?

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounded like a braw wee trip Adey's.

pity the fishing wasnt a wee bit better , but you cant do anything more than try.

any pics off the areas ?
no m8 i forgot about pics but west ardwell would suit u down to the ground

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
im sure it would have looked amazing, ive been over that neck off the woods years ago,

wouldnt mind heading over sometime for a wee session.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
i took trip down to east tarbet to see if i could see you adeys but it was busy with alot of tents so i went to port logan and it fished pretty slow between me and my brothers we got 7 pollock 1.5lb - 4lb and foul hooked macky which got me excited cause i was sure it was a big pollock till i seen i had hooked it on its side,think most places fished slower than normal down there over weekend

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
east tarbot looked like a gypsy ground was talking to farmer yesterday and he said he all ready to lock the gates but its the selected few that spoil it

i walked down to the flat rock wife wouldnt go

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
that will always be the case,the small minority will ruin it for the majority

·
Registered
667 Posts
The fishing is pretty slow down there at the moment. I was at Port Logan on Saturday and got 2 wrasse and lost a few between the 3 of us. Great to be out fishing though.
I put my report in SHORE ANGLING instead of SCOTLAND FORUM and don't know how to move it. Cupid Stunt!!!!!

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
ask a mod to move it alec and sunday was also decent weather up till 3ish then it started to shower

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tell me about it 11pm and it chucked it down big time
luckly the wife decided to go see if there was a caravan avil at the clash
so we was in the dry then

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds as if you had a good couple of days all be it the fish did not want to come out to play , lets hope it gets better , anyway good report .
tight line
nick

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Pity I missed you Adeys. Was it you who chapped on the van door?. Young Snatcher told me on the phone that someone had knocked looking for the chief!!!

Aye its a nice van on a good site in a prime spot - its all part of my retirement plan.

Will catch up with you at the MOG WSF boat meet. :):fishing1::fishing::1a:

Is that me or Toonfireman holding the cup?? :whistling

I presume it is a species hunt? what are the rules for the comp Adeys?

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no i did'nt knock the lady at the clash said your son was there one hell of a view

·
Registered
361 Posts
We had pretty slow fishing too down there at weekend.. The place was heaving with folk. Loads of geordies beat us to the flat rock even though we camped in the car park. Typical stoners, we couldnt leave without some food! We ended up fishing at Ardwell back shore to try find a quiet spot with poor results but at least we had plenty cider and good craic and most of all - no midges!!

Met a few folk along the way. Dunno if it was anyone from here. We were in a red golf and a nevara (sp?) pick up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts