World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bay seems to have quietened down, still a lot of Thronback about, see the commercial lads have not taken long a few long lines about, no doubt after the thorn back.

The sand head end is full of bait face when wading through bring the boat in this week its was like a pea soup of silver fish and sand ells, it fantastic to see but feel the predators are gorging themselves on it, caught a gurnard that was a good 5lb but I bet 2 lb was fresh bait fish.
There also seems to be a huge amount of baby lobsters, is this because there is a lack of very large Pollock.
More bass in the bay caught one of about 4lb on the down rigger coming in the other night.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The bay seems to have quietened down, still a lot of Thronback about, see the commercial lads have not taken long a few long lines about, no doubt after the thorn back.

The sand head end is full of bait face when wading through bring the boat in this week its was like a pea soup of silver fish and sand ells, it fantastic to see but feel the predators are gorging themselves on it, caught a gurnard that was a good 5lb but I bet 2 lb was fresh bait fish.
There also seems to be a huge amount of baby lobsters, is this because there is a lack of very large Pollock.
More bass in the bay caught one of about 4lb on the down rigger coming in the other night.
Hiya

Are you sure they were longlines?

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ian
Little unsure what the correct term is but they were lines with what looked like hundreds of hooks with a bouy at each end or at least one end, I picked one up on the down rigger, they looked freashly baited, if the are some thing else sorry, but there are lines and they are long.
for information they are not there this week at least not in the same place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts