World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at in liverpool visiting my dad last weekend and went to see the iron men that have been put on the beach. As we were walking back to the car I noticed some old fishing line and picked it up - imagine my surprise when on the end of it was a really nice flounder very much alive!
We took the hook out and let it go, the fish must have been buried in the wet sand but I am amazed it survived as it was a considerable way from the sea.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
I was at in liverpool visiting my dad last weekend and went to see the iron men that have been put on the beach. As we were walking back to the car I noticed some old fishing line and picked it up - imagine my surprise when on the end of it was a really nice flounder very much alive!
We took the hook out and let it go, the fish must have been buried in the wet sand but I am amazed it survived as it was a considerable way from the sea.
nice story that been meaning to go look at iron men.shaggy

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
a few years ago my grandad was chattin 2 sum bait diggers down the river stour and they gave him four nice 1lb+ flounders that they had dug up alive. they were around 300 yards from the low water mark. so they can live with barely any water! Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts