World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone sell lug or rag for a reasonable price in the ipswich area or felixstowe area exept from tackle shops. i am not being tight or anything paying £4.75 per 25. my dad pays for my bait most of the time unless i have been somewere expensive like football or cricket the day before. Bait diggers seem to sell their lug and rag cheaper so just wandering if there are any bait sellers round my area. either pm or post on here. i have already got a few so thats a start. thanks warren.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Warren, I know that you pmd me about this, look mate it is a very hard job and comands a good wage for being up all hours and weathers, most people who do this job as a profession, not as a past time will be asking similar money for their worms, some are of good quality and others more varied, I hear what your saying that this fishing thing is not a cheap hobby but you just gonna have to realise that the going rate for bait, good bait. The price is similar in what i told you in most cases, Remember it's like most things you pay for what you get buddy.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Warren, i like many others on here can vouch for the quaility of James bait and as he says 'you get what you pay for' most of us having brought crap bait at some time or other.
The only other way for you is to dig your own ! but no one generally is going to tell you where to dig so a lot of legwork is required to find where to go.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
warren if at the end of the day your not prepared to pay the cost of sea bait which ultimatly will catch you the fish then perhaps your in the wrong hobby at the moment, im not being funny but you have posted time and time again regards bait prices and i understand your dad pays for it, fishing is not cheap no matter how you look at it , if you dig your own then it is bloody hard work and dangerous if you do not know what your doing, alternate solutions get a paper round earn some money or stick with fresh water fishing for a while.

·
Registered
154 Posts
maybe you could use cheaper bait Warren, a box of squid is £3.50 odd and you can keep refreezing what you dont use, so will last for ages, mackerel is cheap in the supermarkets at the moment as well,so buy a few and freeze them.Try reading the supermarket baits sticky in the main forum bait discussion area.
In my limited experience of sea fishing, catching fish doesnt just depend 100% on bait ,a lot of it seems to be a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
I think Banglemouse has a very good point about the safety issue of digging without the knowhow and local knowledge required, i wouldnt do it myself,and i'd hate to think of a young lad getting into trouble to save a few quid on worms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts