Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there still lug on Troon beach or has it been wiped out,

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still some there up near the pipe on the north beach you can get there at low tide
cheers lobbit ,i.ll get my son onto it,a sessions lugworm digging would probably kill me now:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
no problem it never recovered fully from the dredging it got years ago
might take longer today but theres still some there
saltcoats might be a easier place to fill a bucket and its got rag

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no problem it never recovered fully from the dredging it got years ago
might take longer today but theres still some there
saltcoats might be a easier place to fill a bucket and its got rag
it was hard going at troon back in the seventies, never tried saltcoats though,i think there used to be a guy that sold bait out of the old swimming pool at saltcoats ,but im going back lightyears, need to look to the future all this nostalgias gettin to me,,sorry:)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
if you want to part with cash try big splash in saltcoats he can get you some fresh if you order in advance reasonable £

hes on here or his shops in phone book
good luck

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you want to part with cash try big splash in saltcoats he can get you some fresh if you order in advance reasonable £

hes on here or his shops in phone book
good luck
thanks mate

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi, I had to digg 3 nights in a row, to get 100 lugworm it's very hard going, :giveup: probably the best bit is by the old brakers pier. Next to the seacat at low water, you can park your car across from Morrisons in the small carpark facing the sea.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, I had to digg 3 nights in a row, to get 100 lugworm it's very hard going, :giveup: probably the best bit is by the old brakers pier. Next to the seacat at low water, you can park your car across from Morrisons in the small carpark facing the sea.
yep thats the area i used to go to mate,then it was into the marina (no marina in them days)for some cracking rag and cockles as well,,,,,

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i knew it was bad but didnt realise just how bad , i got them from that point back up to the wall /pipe bit were the pavement widens after car park but havent been about since december i got a good bucketfull but took a while few scabby looking rags mixed in

you used to see digging marks all along that beach ,not anymore

1 - 11 of 11 Posts