World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at least it was a gentlemans start to the day sailing at 10am :clap2:

The weather was not to bad as we set of to a new mark north west of Lundy which Dave the skipper wanted to give a spin.

After a good couple of hrs steaming down we arrived and started fishing. Despite the lack of wind there was a good sea running which made it a nightmare trying to bait up with live sand eel which we all started with.

Fish were soon being caught, my first effort turned out to be a nice ballan wrasse which Davetook a photo of. I did manage a bass but the weather was turning and with my horrendous drive back from Bournemouth the day before I decided to become cheer leader and photographer or sorts.
An idea of weather conditions.

Marcus in action, notice new floaty!!!

The fish

It was wet, wet, wet with rain and sea spray, we must be mad

End of day line up, by this time I was to knackered to join in!!

It was a great days fishing and a fantastic new mark which weather permitting etc I hope Dave will return to next week.

PS. Welshwarrior did have a bass which was in size but returned.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
certainly looked a soggy one

well done though and plenty of fish to keep you occupied

john

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
well done lads good pics there:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
I am not well at all! Going back to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell my side of the story later along with some pics!

·
Registered
646 Posts
"just how i like em soaking wet and smelling of fish"
the bass that is!!
tide day lads but must have been tough in that wind
much groundbait used?:yucky:
good pics and report mate have a good time at Brands Bash
out on the DOMINATOR with a few off here ! so wont be going
next time maybee!
regards all
nitelight

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
You haven't seen my report yet! And you won't until the morning !

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
THE TRIP
MY SIDE OF THE STORY
Some of you will no doubt find some aspects of this report HUMEROUS well those that enjoy other peoples misfortunes.
Well it all started last Saturday when I was helping my son dig over his front garden, felt bloody good on completion no back ache. However I'm pretty certain something decided to bite my left buttock! No problems! Sunday it started to go a bit red. Whacked on some magic cream. Monday lump got bigger and redder and sorer. More magic cream a couple of antihistamine tablets. Nothing is working! Lump is now approaching the size of St. Paul's Cathedral Dome!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm beginning to feel a bit rough. Tuesday the wife is giving me agro which I didn't need! There was no way I was missing this trip any way ex roughie toughie bootneck what was a spot on the backside?
Tuesday! You got it, nothing is working, and lump is now taking on Himalayan proportions. Bloody sore & red hot.
Trying to sort out transport for the journey down with Welsh Warrior and Ken didn't help! Any way woke Wednesday and realised my arse was on fire. Bloody Hawaiian Volcano would be a better description. I'm going fishing and nothing is going to stop me!
WW picked me up and off to Swansea for fresh eels. No problems there and plenty of time in hand. Decided to stay stum about my problem. BITE THE BULLET and get on with it!
After a tour of Barry docks managed to find the right place (Bloody lucky WW spotted the skippers pick up!) On board early upset Marcus! Pinched his favourite spot! Well, to maintain harmony and not feeling up to a scrap I moved. What a wrong move that was!
As Ken and Marcus have said the journey out to our chosen mark was long and bloody painful for me. I reckon we must have been off the coast of Ireland!
First drift two bass in the boat. BIG DEE and WW! Then it all went dead. Off we went further into the unknown. This time skipper Dave had done the business plenty of fish( for some people) The Bass didn't want to know fresh eels, on one side of the boat Marcus was getting fish after fish on an artificial eel thingy and the other side his brother was pulling them in on Jelly worms, The rest of us were scratching around for their left overs. You certainly showed us the way boys. I can't quite remember but I think it was 7 Bass each along with a few Pollack and scad. It was really strange the way things work out, I wonder if I had stayed were I was those fish would have been mine?
And why did WW loose so much gear when the rest of us only lost a small amount?
Anyway things went quite. Down went the hook and up come the dog fish. This will cheer the missus up! As most of you know we are partial to a bit of rock salmon. And now I wish to eat humble pie and apologise to all on board for allowing the fish to suffocate in the fish box and not kill them straight away! By this time I was feeling really rough and wasn't thinking straight and it was not my normal practice.
Anyway the day finished one decent size bass and a few doggies for my efforts. Was it worth the pain and discomfort, you bet?
Any way went to the doc. yesterday. Infected bite and blood poisoning.
The amount of pills I have to take is huge!
Will I be going to LUNDY next week you bet? If Marcus can get a crew together and the weather is kind to us. Cheers to everyone who put up with me and helped make the trip bearable! Photos to follow!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
you never mentioned a sore ar*e Reg!!....Good job you didn't!..hehehhee

It was a grand day out..Fishing was super..

I am also curious as to why WW lost loads of gear..i lost 1 lead and 2 artificials all day..

·
Registered
12,163 Posts

I am also curious as to why WW lost loads of gear..i lost 1 lead and 2 artificials all day..
As well as feeling bloody rough all day I know I couldn't have put up with the HUMOR!

·
Premium Member
38,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ditto :laugh:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
i lost so many leads to start, cos i was using light braid, n not able to bully it out the rocks!!

·
Premium Member
38,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i lost so many leads to start, cos i was using light braid, n not able to bully it out the rocks!!
Your not supposed to get in the rocks :laugh:

Hit the bottom five turns up keep lead moving up and down if you hit the bottom up another five turns:doh::doh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts