World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well what can i say.my first boat trip in a few years out of swansea.and what a day to remember.met down the marina at 7 and was heading out by 7..first stop was the banks off the gower for bass.drifted there for a while but didnt catch anything so the skipper tried a small wreck further ot.27 miles or so.straight away in to some nice pollack and pouting.up to 3 lb.no bass though.after some time we headed off down to lundy.fished a small bank first for some lance.caught a few and some mackerel,and weevers.then we went pollack fishing tight in to lundy.right in the race.great fishing with the pollack up to 3lb and ballan and couckuoo wrass,and a few good mackerel.we then went to a wreck another 15 miles or so further out where they had 20 pluss pollack 2 weeks ago in to double figures.first drop one of the boys had one just over 10lb.then quiet so we baited our feathers up and droped them over the wreck.then all hell broke loose with ling,upon ling,upon ling.and more wrass and pouting,small pollack and a garfish of around 2 and a half pound.the ling were in to double figure too.all this hectic fishing and the skipper is trying to sort the tangles out,unhook the fish,cuting the bait up,oh,and all this while he was in the middle of cooking us burgers and sausages and cups of tea and coffee.what a guy.so around 5 ish we went back to lundy for a few more goes at the pollack and the wrass,then we headed back up to the banks off the gower.had a couple of bass there not mutch so he recomended that we try langland reef for some bream.again,we were all in to fish up to 2lb.and plenty of themwith the odd woof woof thrown in.we got back in the lock at around 9 totaly shaterd.so we worked it out that we got around 130/140 miles in all,and 14 hours at sea.now thats a charter trip.most trips cost you 400 quid just to go in the bay !!! we will definatley be going out again and i recomend you do.very big boat with all the gear supplied.and not your usual crap.£100 rods,plus the reels full of braid.now its to my embarassment that i cant put the name of the boat up.thats because i cant remember the name.i know the skippers name is rob and the boat is very modern.the only downfall is there is not alot of fishing space on it as its more of a long range fishing boat so comfortably you will fish four or five.i will get his number and the name of the boat and so if you wanted to book him,just rell him what you want.oh,and we had a cod aswell.an absolute brilliant days out with a gem of a skipper...:clap::clap::clap::clap::fishing::fishing:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Great report that sounds like a cracking day. PICKED NICE WEATHER TOO!
When your memory returns tell us the name of the boat and costs.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Im not 100% where hes currently moored. Fisher Jay would be able to tell you exactly. Ive only seen the boat out on the water.

Please dont quote me but i think he charges £50 a day, which is £15 more than the other charters but as SV-Bullet said, you have a FULL days fishing ( > 12hrs instead of the normal 8 - 4/5 ) and I've not met anyone who has said it hasnt been 100% worth every penny.

I think he is actually a member on this site, worth dropping him a pm maybe if your interested in a trip out.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats the one,memmorys back now.lol.lady jew or jay 2.awsome boat and skipper.for what we did yesterday was arround £85 quid.but we did do well over 100 miles and were out for 14 hours.it is a bit more than youd normally pay but this isnt your normal charter...this is m & s charter :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts