World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Staying midway along Dinas Dinlle beach road in a farm house just over from the beach in early July for a couple of weeks.
Fairly new to lure fishing so would like some info' from you experienced lure fishing guys on fishing this famous surf bass beach.
Would like to know best area along this beach to try, what state of tide to fish (low,midway or high!) and the exact type and weight of lures you guys use and have the best success rate with.
I have a selection of hard rapalas, some surface poppers and a few weighted sandeel type lures but as i say would like to know what type/weights of lures you all have found best so hopefully i can hook up with a few good bass during my two weeks holiday.
I keep reading about these Fiiish Black Minnows being the 'must have' bass lure at the moment, any thoughts ?
I expect early morning /dusk times would be best as with most places but perhaps you can let me know that as well ?

Any info' to help me would be greatly appreciated lads :thumbs:
Tight lines all.
Don.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
A friend of mine fishes there but he uses bait not lures so I cant really help you there.
He is also very secretive about the place as a lot of bass anglers are.
All I know is he fishes the incoming tide and uses peeler crab and does very well there or so he says lol.
If you are going in July it should be good there and around that area including Anglesey.
The sea temps should spot on if we don't have the same rubbish Spring like last year.
My advice to you is maybe put your post up on the North Wales Forum as you may get some more local advice.
Like I say not everyone will help you when bass are concerned but they are a good bunch of lads on here so you might get some info by PM's.
Also don't lust fish that area as there as some other good marks in and around there, best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts