World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a lure fanatic but based here in landlocked Derbyshire my usual quarry are our freshwater predators - pike, perch and chub.

I'm in Cornwall for a week from Saturday and I deperately want to add some sea species to my tally. I'll be happy with cathing anything - pollack, bass, mackerel - are there any others I might catch from the shore on lures? But obviously bass is the one I want most of all!

I've got the rod and reel, I've got a good selection of lures that should be OK from what I've read.

What I'm not too sure about is time of day and state of tide and - you've guessed it - location.

I came down this time last year too and fished four evenings in four different locations and blanked every time so I'm appealing for some help to please help me contact some sport.

If anyone could give me some tips on when I should be fishing and some likely spots to try it would be hugely appreciated, I'm staying near St Austell but I'm prepared to travel pretty much anywhere in the county if it necessary.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi,

Have a look on google maps (or similar) in St austell bay heading North you will see a small hamlet called Porthkerris.. fish from there and all around the headland to Fowey.. Good looking ground definate bassy places all along there.:victory:

fish 3 or 2 hours down to low tide in anything from a moderate swell/sea down to calmish conditions and i reckon you should be fine. Look for nice white water into submerged rocks, sand and kelp (combinations of all three best!)

Usual diving lure, surface stuff will work.

But above all.. stay safe and don't risk it if it's dodgy...:uhuh:

Good luck dude

·
Registered
688 Posts
Polkerris might be easier than Porthkerris ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts