World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many articles about lure fishing, and how good it gets as dusk approaches for species such as pollock etc.

However, does anyone have any experience about catching beyond the hours of dusk and into properly dark with lures? If so, what lures or options would you use under these circumstances?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thats a very good question lew, i am goin 2 try it in the dark cos my m8 has done well over the years, he says that u should use the 1s giving off vibrations,, cos its more the vibrations than the sight of it if u no wot i mean m8..ask in tackle shops for advice on the 1s that rattle etc..

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi guys,
I have been using luminous lures from Fishtek and have had some great success with them, just recently I have carried out some trials on their behalf, I won two comps using their gear. we have come up with an idea which uses strips of luminous jelltex which you thread on to your trace just above the hook and charge it by shining your headlight on it, it can be used off the beach at night and because it is quite slim it has little effect if any on your cast it will glow for about 15 mins if there are fish around you can expect bites fairly quickly, I have a few small bags of these strips to GIVE AWAY so if you want to try some give me a pm/em with your address and I'll post them to you first five get them. Regards Gus Angus

·
Registered
170 Posts
gusangus said:
hi guys,
I have been using luminous lures from Fishtec and have had some great success with them, just recently I have carried out some trials on their behalf, I won two comps using their gear. we have come up with an idea which uses strips of luminous jelltex which you thread on to your trace just above the hook and charge it by shining your headlight on it, it can be used off the beach at night and because it is quite slim it has little effect if any on your cast it will glow for about 15 mins if there are fish around you can expect bites fairly quickly, I have a few small bags of these strips to GIVE AWAY so if you want to try some give me a pm/em with your address and I'll post them to you first five get them. Regards G
us Angus
yes please if you have any spare please email me [email protected]

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi guys
I have posted the glow grub freebies off to everyone who asked for them, and have managed to get another ten small packets together (courtesy of Fishtek)so if anyone else wants some em/pm me with your address, I would ask for any feed back on performance, size, etc. cheers. Gus

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i dont know about sea speices but i have lured fished with strips of macky for pike in the dark, worked a treat, but only when retrieving slowly.
kelvin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts